• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

X4700H + nvidia shield: Weird Clicking noise when playing True HD and dts-hd after 1-2 hours

Teletha

I have this extremely weird issue which i can't find any info on, i might be searching with the wrong terms maybe. But i have a new denon receiver the X4700h along with a 5.1 klipsch speaker set. Using the Nvidia shield pro with Plex (also tried with VLC same issues)

I have only noticed this issue when playing dts-hd/master and true-hd soundtracks and only after like 1-2 hours of playtime. It comes in and starts clicking or popping from the speakers along with a small hint of distortion for maybe a minute and comes back again now and then at varying times between 10-20 min and goes on for 1-2 min. Its not loud its about the same volume as the audio from the movie.

It is really weird that it only does it in these audio formats. i have watched netflix in dolby atmos and normal ac3 5.1 or whatever use for a full sitting of 3-6 hours without any noise.

I filmed when it happened

Have anyone with a x4700H been able to play a full movie in True HD without any problems?

Top Bottom