• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WTB/US: Used over ear headphones for $100 or so

Digitaltrader

Forum Donor
Cosmetics aren't important, just looking for as decent as I can get for that price, if that's even possible. Maybe someone is feeling charitable.

I'll be driving them with a Shiit Heretic because I couldn't resist that price I saw on the Master Deals thread.

Thanks.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The best $100 model I'd recommend on eBay you can usually get the Hifiman he5xx used for that price. I use one every day and they're well rounded with removable cables, and the Heretic has all the power you would ever need on them. For IEMs the 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 is amazing for $24 on Amazon.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
The AKG K371 is about $150 USD new and highly rated for sound quality.

With headphones there is very little correlation between price and sound quality.

sejarzo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The AKG K371 is about $150 USD new and highly rated for sound quality.

With headphones there is very little correlation between price and sound quality.

I just sold my K371s for $95 shipped.

Seems as if Amazon was the only outlet still selling them new at $150-ish. Many sites are now asking $179.

As far as a fair asking price for an excellent near-new used set, they haven't been particularly popular on Head-Fi, where most headphone gear seems to turn over very quickly and it's easy to find pricing for many used headphones. I've always said if you're patient, just about anything you want headphone-wise will show up there in less than six weeks.

If anyone is interested in used K371s, they are most often found on Reverb.com, the pro audio gear site.

Ecaroh

Cosmetics aren't important, just looking for as decent as I can get for that price, if that's even possible. Maybe someone is feeling charitable.

I'll be driving them with a Shiit Heretic because I couldn't resist that price I saw on the Master Deals thread.

Thanks.
I have a pair of AKG K501 in good shape. Look them up if not familiar. Nice sounding, unusual headphones. I will give you a good price; less than your $100.

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0502.jpg
    IMG_0502.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 22

john65b

I have a new pair of ESS Labs Headphones...ESS-800.

I received them thru one of ESS Labs company Promotions while I bought a somewhat large order of new AMT Heil Air Motion Transformer tweeters.

Still in box...confirmed working. Oddly, there is very little info on these headphones on internet...

Disclaimer:

I don't do headphones...so no idea if they sound "great".

EDIT - after looking at the box, these have Noise Cancelling, LEDs, etc...these are not Audiophile headphones...nevermind...

Last edited:
OP
Digitaltrader

Digitaltrader

Forum Donor
I went with a member's K501's, but will keep my eye out for a good price on some Hifiman he5xx.
Thanks again everybody.

Top Bottom