• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Worst movie ever?

Andysu

Major Contributor
I mostly agree... mostly.

i don't know what it mostly is ? but mostly is a mostly word that is mostly often used , mostly

86c0od.jpg

Andysu

Major Contributor
these are worst movies in the cat litter mostly just near field rubbish , dolby labs truehd rubbish , dtshdma rubbish and rubbish movies rubbish re-recording mixes , rubbish director utter total rubbish , i may smash the discs up throw them in the food blender
that micehal mann rubbish heat , rubbish overrated rubbish belongs on rubbish heap at landfill site surrounded by immersive seagulls flying overhead

14543683_10154447831550149_1420805342779674042_o.jpg

jsilvela

Overrated, perhaps, but both have something to offer.

The Shining is very funny especially when it's trying to be scary, the opening sequence is great, and Shelley Duvall's performance is amazing. But it's too long and starts to drag. As a horror I think it's a flop; maybe it was scary at the time; but without it I'm not sure we would have Antichrist.

I have a thing for those madcap English social satires with Malcolm McDowell. If..., O Lucky Man! etc and Clockwork Orange has some awesome design and costumes and fantastic switched-on soundtrack.
I really like If ... with its chaos and Missa Luba on loop, and that ending on the roof...
There are good things about Clockwork Orange, not denying that. I mean, Kubrick was insanely gifted.
Still, I found the hype / quality ratio high.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think the single worst movie I've ever watched was the original Alien. Pointless, long, boring, with two exceptions: the little alien critter bursting out of the guy's chest was pretty cool. The scene with Sigourney Weaver going back to get the cat in her underwear was unbelievably idiotic -- but, I mean... Sigourney Weaver in her underwear was the other highlight in a colossally dismal movie.
If she'd left the cat behind that would have been totally unrealistic. No-one would do that.

Although in reality the cat would have been smart enough to already be in the escape pod and ready to go.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
these are worst movies in the cat litter mostly just near field rubbish , dolby labs truehd rubbish , dtshdma rubbish and rubbish movies rubbish re-recording mixes , rubbish director utter total rubbish , i may smash the discs up throw them in the food blender
that micehal mann rubbish heat , rubbish overrated rubbish belongs on rubbish heap at landfill site surrounded by immersive seagulls flying overhead

View attachment 327095
I'd take out 'Heat' as I really like that even though it's an hour too long

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I see some people are putting foreign films up for the title - come on, that shouldn't be allowed - it's shooting fish in a barrel.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
If she'd left the cat behind that would have been totally unrealistic. No-one would do that.

True.

Although in reality the cat would have been smart enough to already be in the escape pod and ready to go.

Our little dumbass wouldn't. He'd be in the kitchen trying to steal bread.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor

As an erstwhile cat owner with cat-decades of experience, I must say...
good points!

:D

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No way does Heat belong on this list. I also don't agree with Terminator 3:Rise of the Machines. While not a great movie it was entertaining enough. I do agree with the other Terminator movies in the litter box.

JSmith

Master Contributor
I don't think Heat or any of The Terminator movies belong in here... ymmv.

JSmith

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Hard not to agree. I assume those two are only in the kitty litter because of bad audio remastering?

Andysu

Major Contributor
Hard not to agree. I assume those two are only in the kitty litter because of bad audio remastering?
heat is edited directors cut that has funny scene removed , and yes near field so bad audio

AC-3 laserdisc
region 1 dvd
are fine

Andysu

Major Contributor
believing the hype was real , nope just another dire nolan rubbish movie with rubbish audio mixing , maybe nolan should stop mixing on dub stages with experimenting and just use the production sound instead
worst movie of 2023
dialog centre for 3hrs boring , and this is called a 70mm epic ? plenty of other movies from 1960's that use directional dialog that runs less than 3hrs that can entertain me
worst music
worst use of LCRS , oh 70mm was a 5.0 but for home its 5.1 and the trinity explosion was about as dull as bundle of fishmongers fish
the sex scene was boring , so what if the guy was having affair , nolan showing some weird scenes in liemax so fanboys can analyse nipple size , dull and boring distraction

a headless panther would be too kind

in the cat litter tray with it ,
waste of 3hrs

avoid this dumbest feast , better movie , the shadow makers or fat man and little boy , 2hrs is about right , otherwise nolan is dribbling trash goes on for another 1hr , which of course i skipped though after , trinity scene

okay , is there a better movie now to watch to get this , nolan filtered out , i know , the empire strikes back or star trek II the wrath of khan or , gravity ?

407267790_10161000431180149_3948171333297570511_n.jpg

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't rate Nolan got no idea how he became so big

My Nolan Filmography (reprinted from elsewhere)

1998 Following Not seen it.

2000 Memento Not seen it.

2002 Insomnia Not seen it.

2005 Batman Begins - started watching it, couldn't get more than ten minutes in. If it's not Adam West, it's not Batman. (Although the Lego one is worth a watch. But that's not one of Nolan's).

2006 The Prestige - not seen it EDIT - reading the description I realise I have seen it. It's crap.

2008 The Dark Knight - more faux Batman shite. Not seen it but I don't have to.

2010 Inception - seen it, couldn't follow it as the dialogue is all muffled. Seemed to be a lot about nothing.

2012 The Dark Knight Rises - more faux Batman shite. Not seen it but I don't have to.

2013 Man of Steel - something to do with Superman so automatic fail. Now if it was about Stalin I might have bothered.

2014 Interstellar - that wasn't too bad. I might even watch it again. But I am a sucker for sci fi and, lets be clear, it's nothing like as good as 'Star Trek II - The Wrath Of Khan.'

2017 Dunkirk - looks like a 1980s BBC co-production made on Clacton Sands with three blokes, a dog and a budget of two hundred quid. But actually cost a hundred million dollars. A terrible film with no redeeming features.

2020 Tenet - Not seen it

2023 Oppenheimer - Not seen it

jsilvela

For butchering Jane Austen, I nominate the 2005 Pride and Prejudice.
There's a far better version from 1940 with Laurence Olivier and Greer Garson.
Taking the very strong source material and somehow messing Austen's narrative thread... unforgivable.

Top Bottom