• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Worlds Fastest Street Legal Car?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Need to see the fuel gauge too.

Wow. 0.4G acceleration crossing 200mph (run 2) is pretty impressive to a sluggard like myself.

He could reach light speed in only approximately a little over 2 years (ignoring relativistic impossibilities) if he could keep up that rate.

It did look a little fast, though. I've been on some of those SoCal roads where you can see where you'll be in another hour if you don't fall asleep and miss it.

Today I'm checking the brakes on the 190,000 mile '98 Civic. It has an odd noise going in reverse. Thought it might be a brake pad squealer. Driver side looks good.

Over the weekend I did did the water hoses on my 138,00 mile '95 Maxima. There are ten, I found nine of them. The 22 year old coolant still looked good, but I know Sal wouldn't approve if I didn't change it. The hoses looked good too, but having blown a hose or two on other cars, I figured it was time, and we're planning a trip to Pensacola soon, 1000mi round trip.

Most everything else will buff right out.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Man, how many gears and how much power does this thing have? The last gear was at 220 mph!!!
7 speeds, 1340hp @ 7000rpm 900flb @ 6000rpm
But the squeez is one in the supercar world to be the first production car to break 300.
Koenigsegg, Bugatti, Hennessey and others are nipping at the record.
I give Thomas's right arm to go for a ride.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
It beats taking the train by 0.2mph

"Shanghai Maglev is the fastest train in the world with a maximum operating speed of 267.8 mph."

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
"Shanghai Maglev is the fastest train in the world with a maximum operating speed of 267.8 mph."
All that for a 18.9 mile, 7 minute 20 second journey.
The only maglev train in the world, it's been in operation sense 2004, guess it's proved itself to be a non-viable tech at this time.
What an enormous waste of money and technology!

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Need to see the fuel gauge too.

Wow. 0.4G acceleration crossing 200mph (run 2) is pretty impressive to a sluggard like myself.

He could reach light speed in only approximately a little over 2 years (ignoring relativistic impossibilities) if he could keep up that rate.

It did look a little fast, though. I've been on some of those SoCal roads where you can see where you'll be in another hour if you don't fall asleep and miss it.

Today I'm checking the brakes on the 190,000 mile '98 Civic. It has an odd noise going in reverse. Thought it might be a brake pad squealer. Driver side looks good.

Over the weekend I did did the water hoses on my 138,00 mile '95 Maxima. There are ten, I found nine of them. The 22 year old coolant still looked good, but I know Sal wouldn't approve if I didn't change it. The hoses looked good too, but having blown a hose or two on other cars, I figured it was time, and we're planning a trip to Pensacola soon, 1000mi round trip.

Most everything else will buff right out.

Well the car in the video had a brake squeal when stopping at the end of run #1 Ray. Seemed okay at the end of run #2. Maybe your Honda just needs a bit of a run to blow the brake dust off. It did seem as if there was more valve noise at the end of run #2 so don't over do it.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Maybe your Honda just needs a bit of a run to blow the brake dust off. It did seem as if there was more valve noise at the end of run #2 so don't over do it.
That's just the sound of the rice grinding, they all make those noises. :eek:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
That's just the sound of the rice grinding, they all make those noises.

No, it was the RF brake inner pad squealer. The LF squealer was broken off. Probably some past for-hire mechanic jive job there (it's not my car).

Bought and installed some genuine ACDelco shipped from Detroit made in China rotors and genuine Wagner hecho en Mexico ceramic pads and it's good.

Now when the brakes are applied it's like this.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Top Bottom