• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WolfX700 Measurement of SMSL M300 MkII Edition

Magnifico

Answering first questions: Popping sounds....I´ve heard samples what to understand with this. In dayly use with FLAC/MP3 the answer is a definite NO.
Switching between DSD files I hear a "tock" clearly. The intensiveness differs though. Sometimes so mild it shouldn´t matter to anyone.
Hmmh....LOUD speakers might get on the nerves. But only between DSD files....Even HighRes 24/96 doesn´t show such behaviour. So it´s DSD only and does not need switching between DSD64/128/256....just changing the song give the "tock".
Might even based on Foobar with it´s Plugin-System....what do I know. It doen´t trigger me at all....so Little DSD files here ;)

Last edited:

Magnifico

SMSL M300 + SONY KD-75XF9005 = NOOO!!!!!
:D
Plugging gives an instant humm....it switches to 768Kbit I once even saw it switching to DSD512 :D:D:D
Sometimes it get heavily silent distorted audio.

Magnifico

Well´ll I can´t say it for sure....I was able to find ukraine while "
Get shipping estimates
"
In the later process it is not allowed?

olinko

Coming with the Sanskrit 10th AK4493 Edition, there is also an upcoming SMSL M300 MkII. It seems that there was a measurement requirement for M300 before the forum?

This MKII version should theoretically be improved, but because I have not measured the M300, I decided not to think about it.

Look at things first:

View attachment 45454View attachment 45455

This should be a unit of around $ 200. The surface treatment of the aluminum alloy chassis feels very good, but the processing accuracy is at a general level-if it sells for more than $ 500, I may criticize it.

Okay, the measurement starts:
View attachment 45456
Wow! :oops: 118SINAD?!

View attachment 45457
View attachment 45458
View attachment 45459
View attachment 45460
View attachment 45462
View attachment 45463
Can somebody interpret the THD+N ratio graph? What's KBW and why is it so different?

3font

Can somebody interpret the THD+N ratio graph? What's KBW and why is it so different?
That graph is measuring the ratio of distortion+noise power vs signal power as a function of signal frequency. 20KBW means 20 kHz bandwidth, which means distortion+noise is measured up to 20 kHz, the human audible range. Similarly, 90KBW = 90 kHz bandwidth.

The distortion+noise power is larger with the 90 kHz bandwidth since (1) noise is integrated over a larger frequency window, (2) 20 kHz bandwidth cuts off harmonic distortions more than 90 kHz bandwidth, (3) there can be stuff outside human audible range, e.g., aliasing noise.

doodle

Only 8 units have been sold on AliExpress and it's out of stock already. What happened? Related to Coronavirus?

Green_X5

Forum Donor
In the new version of the device all the capacitors around the DAC chip are ceramic and I am not against it.
Only one question for developers or for the one who opened the case - are the AVDD and TVDD power lines distributed from separate regulators?
I sleep well, but I see more interesting dreams if I go to bed according to Feng Shui. )

JRG

i've bought one from Amazon Spain and it is already in my house.
Looks fine. Good quality materials, similar to Topping.
The only thing I DON'T like is how the info is displayed on the screen. Volume level is displayed in a very small font size. Should be much bigger to be easily visible, at least when manipulating level with the remote. Sabaj D5 does this better.
And instead of using dB for volume levels (0 to -99 for example, like Topping) it uses numbers from 0 to 40 which does not represent the real attenuation in a useful way.
SMSL should change this in a new firmware rev in my opinion. Bigger font for volumen and use dB instead of "random" scale numbers.

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
smsl uses 0 to 40 across their product line. don't expect this to change

Top Bottom