• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Windows 10 Creators Update (1703)

D

Deleted member 65

Installed Windows 10 Creators Upgrade version 15063 from the Insider Programme, volunteered as guinea pig since Amir refused.
RTM is expected next Tuesday (20170411), I beleive the Insider version (15063) I installed is quite close to final release.

MS UAC 2.0 is part of release. Installed iFi iDAC2, was duly recognized by Windows 10 and MS UAC 2.0 drivers was chosen. So far so good.

Giant step forward for MS ... ;-)

upload_2017-4-4_9-2-28.png

upload_2017-4-4_9-4-48.png

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
OMG! OMG!! OMG!

Windows is getting support natively for something everyone else had like what 10 years ago?

I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth you know. My current complaint would be with Chromebook's audio support and Android tablets and phones. I swear Google is trying to become the new Microsoft. And Microsoft is becoming.......what???

Of course MS can't roll this on out to everyone. No not yet. Might be a touch premature. Only insiders. Insiders only. Jeez when will everyone else get it? 18 months from now? Not like this is the killer app at this point in time is it?

OP
D

Deleted member 65

And the AMI Musik DS5 DAC seems to work as well with MS UAC 2.0 drivers ...

upload_2017-4-4_9-27-6.png

OP
D

Deleted member 65

My Musical Paradise MP-D2 DAC based on XMOS USB works just fine with MS UAC 2.0.

upload_2017-4-4_10-3-16.png

OP
D

Deleted member 65

My Norma IPA-140 integrated amps DAC based on USB receiver Tenor TE8802L does not work. This probably due to the Tenor not being USB std compliant.

upload_2017-4-4_10-6-37.png

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth you know. My current complaint would be with Chromebook's audio support and Android tablets and phones. I swear Google is trying to become the new Microsoft. And Microsoft is becoming.......what???
And then there's the latest Linux Firefox build that won't provide sound from videos, etc; unless you have the ugly monster juggernaut Pulse Audio installed. WTF WHY???? :mad:

OP
D

Deleted member 65

OMG! OMG!! OMG!

Windows is getting support natively for something everyone else had like what 10 years ago?

Of course MS can't roll this on out to everyone. No not yet. Might be a touch premature. Only insiders. Insiders only. Jeez when will everyone else get it? 18 months from now? Not like this is the killer app at this point in time is it?

You'll most likely get it next Tuesday if you're a Windows 10 user. The version is named 1703 (2017 March), one month delayed so should actually be named 1704.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Ah, for a second I thought this was instructions to install the new drivers on older versions of Windows. Alas, it is not. It was the blog as they rolled out the USB 2.0 in the new update of Windows 10 we are talking about. Oh well. :)
So how long you figure Micro$oft will continue with these rolling release updates of Win10 and not force a whole new OS on users again?
Will say I find Win10 their best OS since XP. Win 7 and 8 IMO were disasters from my very limited use of them. (used only attempting to provide some tech support to friends).
Only have Win10 partition to support my Quicken software since MS screwed us long time users of Micro$oft Money by discontinuing it. :mad:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So how long you figure Micro$oft will continue with these rolling release updates of Win10 and not force a whole new OS on users again?
I don't have any direct insight since I have not worked there for 10 years now. But from what I hear, this is the way they like to go with updates instead of wholesale replacements.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I don't have any direct insight since I have not worked there for 10 years now. But from what I hear, this is the way they like to go with updates instead of wholesale replacements.
That would be great. I value stability and usability over all else. Rolling releases in general tend to follow more a bug fixing path, than the wiz-bang "look at all my new toys and pretty face" promotion push.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
You'll most likely get it next Tuesday if you're a Windows 10 user. The version is named 1703 (2017 March), one month delayed so should actually be named 1704.

Looks like Micro$oft didn't wait till next Tues, checked for updates tonight and said one was available. After about an hour and a half of drive grinding, plus 3 reboots later, the screen says Welcome to Windows 10 Creator Addition. About: reports Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703 Build 15063.13.
Play with Game Mode when time allows.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I did the same as Sal. Manually checked for updates. The Creators update was offered. I let it do the update and now show 15063.2 for the build. I imagine there will be some udpates to this on Tuesday. Not signed up as any kind of Insider either. It offered this update saying I could help them iron out the soon to be released Creaters update for next week. Oh well, I only keep a Windows machine to work with my recording interfaces and a really nice photoscanner that doesn't work on Linux.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I did the same as Sal. Manually checked for updates. The Creators update was offered. I let it do the update and now show 15063.2 for the build. I imagine there will be some udpates to this on Tuesday. Not signed up as any kind of Insider either. It offered this update saying I could help them iron out the soon to be released Creaters update for next week. Oh well, I only keep a Windows machine to work with my recording interfaces and a really nice photoscanner that doesn't work on Linux.
This is funny, some of us least likely to be interested in any M$ insider program are being targeted for a early release update. I wonder if our IP's are being logged for our usual OS, and we're like being stalked. LOL

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This is funny, some of us least likely to be interested in any M$ insider program are being targeted for a early release update. I wonder if our IP's are being logged for our usual OS, and we're like being stalked. LOL
Maybe you are onto something.

Working with Linux is a pleasure. Whenever I have to work with Windows for someone's problem it is like touching a tar baby. I'll spend a long and aggravating amount of time to fix what should be minor issues. If it were linux, and were it to get this screwed I can wipe things clean, and do a full install from scratch quicker, with very little pain or aggravation, and still have time to customize the install to suit. Back up your home partition or folder and there is little to worry about. It is like Windows is always assuming I am up to something and makes me prove myself every step of the way making getting what I need anything other than convenient. By now unless you are a relative or close friend who can't do without Windows I'll just say no to fixing your problem. Unless the correct fix is used. That is to install Linux.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Top Bottom