• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Will Topping L30 II DAC + L30 AMP work well with Meze Empyrean and iPhone?

quintilian

Hi!

Currently using my Empyreans with the Qudelix K5 and iPhone-combination and I'm quite happy with the performance.

I would however like a more permanent setup where I don't need to charge my K5, and I'm looking into the Topping L30 combined with the L30 Amp.

I'm also contemplating the RME ADI-2 FS for its EQ-capabilities which matches the K5 parametric one.

Will the Topping stack work well? Is the RME "better"? Any other options I could look into?

Appreciate any and all input! :)

Edit: I just found the A90D and D90SE as well. Guess these may be even better options considering how well the A90 and D90 tested here a few years back?

Last edited:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The L30 II combo is great, whisper quiet noise floor especially. The L50/E50 is terrific. I currently have an A90/D90 stack and an A70pro/D70Pro Octo, but if you get the L30 II stack you won't be missing out on anything for sound quality.

OP
Q

quintilian

Thank you.

I noticed the A90/D90 is on 40% off right now, so it’s kind of tempting to pick that stack up.

I have three questions though:

1) can I connect my iPhone 15 pro max (usb-c) to the D90 and feed it master files from Apple Music?

2) I guess I will need a new headset cable? I currently have a 2,5mm balanced and 4,4mm unbalanced one.

3) The Emyps are 32 ohms IIRC. I guess this isn’t a problem? :)

Top Bottom