• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wiim pro streamer with Audiolab 6000A connection

Ofty2002

I want to add a Wiim pro streamer to my Audiolab 6000A play because DTS Play-Fi is absolutely awfull.

I thought the best way to connect the wiim to the 6000A is with coaxial cables. I would like to use the dac inside of the 6000A. When I do this do I need to put my 6000A in another mode to make use of the Wiim streamer? And is coax the best way to do this or should I do something else?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I want to add a Wiim pro streamer to my Audiolab 6000A play because DTS Play-Fi is absolutely awfull.

I thought the best way to connect the wiim to the 6000A is with coaxial cables. I would like to use the dac inside of the 6000A. When I do this do I need to put my 6000A in another mode to make use of the Wiim streamer? And is coax the best way to do this or should I do something else?
Id use the optical connection -less chance of any kind of grounding noise .

OP
O

Ofty2002

Attachments

• IMG_1158.png
    IMG_1158.png
    707 KB · Views: 30

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So something like this would work:
You get a perfectly acceptable cable with the Wiim if its long enough (or I did with the Wiim mini anyway, check listing for box contents).

But yes, that toslink connection.

OP
O

Ofty2002

You get a perfectly acceptable cable with the Wiim if its long enough (or I did with the Wiim mini anyway, check listing for box contents).

But yes, that toslink connection.
Oh cool thanks for the headsup, will do!

Top Bottom