• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which Song would you want to go Deaf On?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28849
  • Start date

Kevbaz

private investigations - dire straits

Axo1989

Major Contributor
I know what I don't want to go deaf to: Atrium Musicae's La Folia de la Spagna.

An obscure interest in a comment on another thread led me to a Kal Robinson review and the aforementioned as an interesting test album (in my defense, it's been raining here for weeks). I listened on AirPods Pro while reading something until the foreshadowed high dynamic range events kicked in. Usually, I can't make APP loud. Took them out and my left ear was disturbingly dull. Doomsday sonic scenarios played in my mind. Took some codeine and took to bed. Audible HF distortion in the ear: sweet harmonic distortion like an echo, obviously low order. Now it's the morning after, things are better. But losing my hearing to classical comedy music? Yeah no. All the swear words.

iMickey503

Forum Donor
Whoa! Sam Kianson is driving the CAB! Never saw that!
Also... Proud owner of a $1,000 speeding ticket. Glad he only got me at 117 MPH.
If ONLY I turned on K band when I hit Oregon.
I was hauling ass in Southern Oregon and just FLEW by the cop.. Slammed my Brakes and came to a stop about 200 Feet where he stopped the last guy.

To My surprise? Just got a ticket. Let me go. And was one of the best traffic stops I ever had.

So, I called the station, ended up talking to the guys wife. No joke. She was the dispatcher. Asked where the station was at. Pulled into a Safeway and purchased about $200 of all sorts of drinks, beverages, gee dunk with everything MINUS DOUGHNUT"S and dropped them off at the station/ Courthouse the officer worked at.

reminds me of the good old days when I used to stop at the new Krispy Kreme they just built in Seattle. Fill up the whole back of my Pt Cruiser back seat with Krispy Kreme donut boxes all the kinds that they had and then head on my trip to I-5 to PDX.

I remember at bout 2am-ish, the officer pulls me over doing a buck 120, and asks me "why I was going so fast?" I just said. " well officer if I saw you, I wouldn't be going so fast."

He then asks me where I was going. I said while rolling down my back windows
"To the station of course!"

Man. Those were some of the best days ever!
Rocking out on tunes like this and enjoying this great life while it lasts.

Honrable mention mix.

JayGilb

Major Contributor
Whoa! Sam Kianson is driving the CAB! Never saw that!
Also... Proud owner of a $1,000 speeding ticket. Glad he only got me at 117 MPH.
If ONLY I turned on K band when I hit Oregon.
I was hauling ass in Southern Oregon and just FLEW by the cop.. Slammed my Brakes and came to a stop about 200 Feet where he stopped the last guy.

To My surprise? Just got a ticket. Let me go. And was one of the best traffic stops I ever had.

So, I called the station, ended up talking to the guys wife. No joke. She was the dispatcher. Asked where the station was at. Pulled into a Safeway and purchased about $200 of all sorts of drinks, beverages, gee dunk with everything MINUS DOUGHNUT"S and dropped them off at the station/ Courthouse the officer worked at.

reminds me of the good old days when I used to stop at the new Krispy Kreme they just built in Seattle. Fill up the whole back of my Pt Cruiser back seat with Krispy Kreme donut boxes all the kinds that they had and then head on my trip to I-5 to PDX.

I remember at bout 2am-ish, the officer pulls me over doing a buck 120, and asks me "why I was going so fast?" I just said. " well officer if I saw you, I wouldn't be going so fast."

He then asks me where I was going. I said while rolling down my back windows
"To the station of course!"

Man. Those were some of the best days ever!
Rocking out on tunes like this and enjoying this great life while it lasts.

Honrable mention mix.
Lots of military versions also.

iMickey503

Forum Donor
4f2d126c0b5b0172559a4b54c84b063ab0ccf43f.jpg

F

freemansteve

I may not want to go deaf playing any of my 50K tracks, but here's a couple from Yello, played recently, that I do play loudly from time to time.

1) (love the crushing syn drums at 1min in)

2) (love the soaring vocal. from 3:20 on)

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
None...I need to keep listening for what's next to come...not replaying the past.

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Let's revive this dead thread!
This:
or
This:

Top Bottom