• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which in ear headphones

OP
L

Leif

If you had done some research you would have discovered that the Sennheiser HD600 has huge ear cups, and metal cages which easily bend under pressure. And if you had continued that research you would have discovered room acoustics and that they are the most important aspect outside of the actual speaker design. The problem with discussing with you is that you have absolutely no knowledge of headphones, speakers, room acoustics etc.

I was asking for recommendations for in ear headphones.

totti1965

Can I use the truthear red with my iPad 6 from 2018?
I am new in „in ear headphones“. Can you tell me what iem means? In Ear….. and the third Word?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Can I use the truthear red with my iPad 6 from 2018?
Yes. You can plug it directly into the iPad's headphone jack.

I am new in „in ear headphones“. Can you tell me what iem means? In Ear….. and the third Word?
In Ear Monitor.
They were originally used by musicians on-stage to monitor the sound.
Later, consumers caught onto their advantages over traditional earbuds and manufacturers followed suit.

JLGF1

After looking at an IEM poll thread on ASR I rolled the dice on my first pair (#2: Salnotes zero). $22 so not a big gamble. I am astonished how close I can get the SQ to my over-ear Sennheiser 560S using some EQ. The 560S cost 8x as much. I purchased a second pair for backup.

markanini

Major Contributor
Sal 0 is good, but you should have gotten Truthear Hola for your second pair, if you ever desire a more relaxed playback, and a very nice cable upgrade to any 2-pin set.
EDT: My emoticon wasn't retained at the end of my reply by the forum. Hopefully you can read in a playful tone rather than serious tone in to it.

Last edited:

JLGF1

I found that the Hola is not near to my SQ taste as the Salnotes-Zero; maybe it's a fit thing as the S-0 just seem to fit my ears perfectly.

But, the Hola cable is indeed nicer so I am keeping them for the cable alone.

OP
L

Leif

A short update in case anyone is interested. The Sennheisers do have decent sound, but every time I come to use them it takes me a while to untangle the cable, and they are fiddly to put on. Also the sound isolation is poor, and when I am out walking in the countryside, if a car drives by, the audio is hard to hear. So overall I would not recommend this style of headphones unless you need small, and you are not in a noisy environment. For walking outdoors I went back to my Bose QC25, not great sound, but the noise cancellation works a treat, and they are comfy.

Top Bottom