• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Where to find these Edifier MR4 Equalizer settings?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Where can I find the EQ settings that are shown in this page?
They're on the same website. You just have to go to the "EQs" section:
Screenshot_20230811-151643_Chrome.png Screenshot_20230811-151525_Chrome.png

In case that preset doesn't do it for you, give this one a try: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-mr4-review-budget-monitor.29068/post-1014112

HighFutility

Does anyone have a tutorial on how to apply settings would be greatly appreciated.

staticV3

Master Contributor

HighFutility

Here's a list of EQ software for all major operating systems: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ows-linux-macos-ios-ipados-and-android.18450/

If you tell me which OS you want to apply EQ on, then I can give you recommendations for which software to use and how to apply EQ using that software.
Thanks for the quick reply; Windows 10 for OS. I am currently using MiniDSP hd for my subs. My subs are p[massive and are powered by an xls 1502. My receiver is x3500h, Speakers kef r5. I was interested in EQ for my speakers, but that would mean I have to get another power amp and use the pre-outs from my x3500h unless there is a workaround.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Thanks for the quick reply; Windows 10 for OS. I am currently using MiniDSP hd for my subs. My subs are p[massive and are powered by an xls 1502. My receiver is x3500h, Speakers kef r5. I was interested in EQ for my speakers, but that would mean I have to get another power amp and use the pre-outs from my x3500h unless there is a workaround.
Hmm sounds to me like you could EQ the entire system using just the Audyssey MultEQ XT32 that's built into your X3500H, potentially refining the low end with the DSP that's built into the XLS 1502.

I don't really see a point in the miniDSP at the moment, nor in installing a manual EQ software on Windows, though please do correct me if I'm missing something.

HighFutility

Hmm sounds to me like you could EQ the entire system using just the Audyssey MultEQ XT32 that's built into your X3500H, potentially refining the low end with the DSP that's built into the XLS 1502.
I don't really see a point in the miniDSP at the moment, nor in installing a manual EQ software on Windows.
You would be surprised how basic x32 is. When running it switches my mains to large, sometimes, it keeps them small and changes crossover to 40hz. It also changes my center crossover to 40hz. I have three subs, and it can't differentiate between sub-matching and sub-gain. Due to room modes, spl matching is useless. I believe it interprets frequency response from the subs as spl output, not factoring room modes. It can wildly slash or boost.

I was going to create a separate post about it. To see if anyone could chime in.

HTG covers my issue well:

OP
J

jtk9412

Does anyone have a tutorial on how to apply settings would be greatly appreciated.

OP
J

jtk9412

Top Bottom