• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's the speaker of your dreams?

Ra1zel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Dream speaker?

Nothing that's on the market really, there is some great stuff sure but not dream level. Dream level I think is reserved only for something that you can imagine and it could exist but doesn't yet. Truthfully after experiencing many different speakers and building some myself I think I have a rough idea how it would look like, what would it be or even what drivers I would use (changes through the years as incrementaly better stuff comes out. Who knows maybe one day I will build my vision of ultimate speaker... need to arm myself with better measurement gear first.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Dream speaker?
...but not dream level. Dream level... (changes through the years as incrementaly better stuff comes out. Who knows maybe one day I will build my vision of ultimate speaker...
Carpe Diem!
Why not start now and damn the excuses?
Can you start on a garage project to design/build your dream enclosure FIRST?
Yes, the drivers and x-overs become a critical part of the dream enclosure design parameters but some flexibility in initial construction can modify volumetric/loading requirements upon its completion, if the drivers (plus x-overs) require adjustments.
just askin':facepalm:

Top Bottom