• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's Cooking? Show us Your Plated Food Photos!

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hmmmz... Black Widow Porter sounds like a good dessert for after this sweet looking meal.

That's a great idea! Black Widow is a fabulous porter.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That's a great idea! Black Widow is a fabulous porter.
I wish I could find it here. We had Okanagan Springs Old English Porter in some stores but that is gone now. It went well with fudge, chocolate chip cookies and pickles. Very unique beer.

thegeton

Forum Donor

30 Ounce

IMG_0037.jpeg

Grilled tuna and asparagus with salad.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Congee again. One of my favourite meals, especially when it is cold. This is a roast duck congee. The duck was deboned, and the bones were used to make a stock along with plenty of ginger and some goji berries. The solids were strained out, and the rest was used to make the congee. I normally use a whisk to break up the softened rice, but this time I decided to use an immersion blender which made it a bit too smooth.

1689518323565.png

D

Deleted member 21219

thegeton

Forum Donor

Keith_W

Major Contributor
1690380033053.png

1690380077624.png

Schweinshaxe. It took 3 days to make this, but it was so worth it. 3 days because I did not follow the traditional recipe :) Day 1: pack pork knuckle into a sous-vide bag with juniper berries, caraway seeds, fennel seeds, garlic, dash of malt vinegar, and a bay leaf. Sous-vide at 65C for 12 hours. Then it was left to cool overnight in the fridge. The next day, I unwrapped it and left it to dry in the fridge. I saved all the juices in the bag for the beer sauce. Then it was rubbed in oil, some salt sprinkled, and roasted in the oven until the crackling formed. The beer gravy was made by adding beer to the sous-vide juices, boiling with carrot and onion, then sieved. Cornstarch was added to thicken. It was served with a simple salad. I forgot to take a picture of the beer gravy.

The picture tells you what the result was like ;) Light crackling, still moist inside, all the hard tendon bits rendered to smoothness.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
imag0055.jpeg

Home grown, five different types of lettuce leaves wrapped and tied with chives. Rose Marry dipping sauce. Perfect for a rustic dinner in the gazebo.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
70344E6C-2DF8-42F5-8D83-E1655A7D777F.jpeg

Followed by pizza, home made in the pizza oven in the garden.

Top Bottom