• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is this song?

I recently heard Ellie Goulding "By The End of the Night" and there is a hook at the beginning that sounds like a song I've heard. Almost like it's at the tip of my tongue and it's bothering me so much. It's like an 80s hook. Does anyone know the song!?

JSmith

Master Contributor
Ellie Goulding
This isn't the song... but there was an Ellie Goulding from the 80's. :)

Listening to the track you posted... I hear what you mean, but I think it's just the snyth their using, very much 80's style. It is similar to something though... I hear you on that, so will be racking my brain now too.

JSmith

OP
MajorMajorMajorMajor
I'm not even sure if it was 80s ... in my memory there's also like someone dancing in a music video to it. IDK... lost forever I guess lol

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My favorite song by The Cure:

Robert Smith looks so young in this video...
So when did he turn into the Robert Smith we all know then?

OP
MajorMajorMajorMajor
Guys I think it was actually just an Instagram Reel or something, not sure it was even a real song. I appreciate the help though.

Top Bottom