• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

killdozzer

Major Contributor
Must say, I'm amazed not to find one single JBL model tested. Do you guys now something I don't? Are JBL bad at headphones? Or my searching skills are poor... Went to review index, chose headphones, typed JBL in the search bar... Zero.

edahl

Must say, I'm amazed not to find one single JBL model tested. Do you guys now something I don't? Are JBL bad at headphones? Or my searching skills are poor... Went to review index, chose headphones, typed JBL in the search bar... Zero.
I think they're not usually on the audiophile radar, but I believe they're secretly really good tbh.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
I think they're not usually on the audiophile radar, but I believe they're secretly really good tbh.
I could believe in that easily, but we're not audiophiles. No reason not to include JBLs here..

Anyway, I'd like to see some of the better models tested, although I can't say which ones would that be. If someone can chime in, feel free!

Bow_Wazoo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The new Hifiman HE-1000 Stealth

20221216_140243.jpg

vitalii427

Forum Donor

usersky

Forum Donor
I tried 2 JBLs: Tune 710 (cheap materials and construction) and Club 950 (good quality materials and construction). Both with very bad ergonomics, probably the most uncomfortable headphones I tried. There is little use in a good measuring headphone if you can wear it just for minutes after ears start to hurt. Club 950 was not just very uncomfortable but rather quiet, IMO not worth wasting time measuring. My interest in JBL headphones evaporated there.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I tried 2 JBLs: Tune 710 (cheap materials and construction) and Club 950 (good quality materials and construction). Both with very bad ergonomics, probably the most uncomfortable headphones I tried. There is little use in a good measuring headphone if you can wear it just for minutes after ears start to hurt. Club 950 was not just very uncomfortable but rather quiet, IMO not worth wasting time measuring. My interest in JBL headphones evaporated there.
I've heard people say the earcups are really really small on the Tune 710, so they struggle to fit their ears into it. On the surface that headphone does measure well, but like you say it has to fit you!

usersky

Forum Donor
I've heard people say the earcups are really really small on the Tune 710, so they struggle to fit their ears into it. On the surface that headphone does measure well, but like you say it has to fit you!
Not just small but stiff and odly stiched at 90degree angle where it should press the ear, the whole construction lacks badly. A pitty because it sounds and measures quite good. It's a case where measurements seem irelevant to me, except for learning purposes since being good at how it sound cannot redeem the product. Edit: not to say about how hard the pads in Club line are, almost like wearing pads of hard plastic.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That's too complicated. I live in Germany. The Stealth will definitely be available in the US soon
I would have thought low chance of someone buying them then parting with them a number of months to be measured. Looks like you have already bought a pair though?

Bow_Wazoo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm not listening to much music right now.
I'm currently in my gaming phase.
Yes, you could say that I traded the HE-1000 V2 for the HE-1000 Stealth. Definitely an upgrade

Top Bottom