• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!
OP
D

deish

This is one of those things I'd be tempted to try sorting out remotely over a TeamViewer session. I might give it a shot tomorrow if you can install / run version 12 (running the QuickSupport version would probably do). Right now I'm tired and my back is killing me.

Reinstalling Windows is almost always unnecessary, basically any halfway-operating system can be repaired with internal tools.
I don't have teamviewer

but top we go on a discord call with screen sharing and with you giving suggestions

OP
D

deish

I did the test by installing the m-audio driver on the laptop (something I hadn't done before)

and it worked.

so i came to the conclusion that it is some conflict with the m-audio mk ii driver

(I followed sokel's suggestion and found about 4 interface drivers that were hidden (1 of them I accidentally didn't check the delete the driver box when I uninstalled it)

I uninstalled them all, but when I install the driver through the m-audio exe which is the real driver for it
he gives the problem

I'll try to see if I can find something to delete in regedit.

audio_tony

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A common remedy for driver issues is to disable networking (unplug Ethernet or set wireless to flight mode) and then delete the drivers for the device, reboot and then ensure that Windows hasn't automatically re-installed it's own drivers, or re-installed the original driver.

Disconnecting the network prevents Windows from auto installing it's own drivers, before you get a chance to install the correct drivers.

If your motherboard requires custom USB drivers (or depends in Intel drivers) it might be a good idea to upgrade these as well, using the technique described above.

Then install the proper drivers again.

There are also a couple of advanced tools such as USB Oblivion and USB Deview which can find duplicate drivers and so on.

And USB Deview

However you need to be careful with these as you can cause (sometimes unrepairable) driver issues.

Top Bottom