• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

deish

M - Audio M TRACK II
why is it distorted as shown in the video?

it's only on the PC, i connected it to the laptop and it works normal

if I connect the guitar and put it completely in direct mode (between direct and USB)
the guitar sound comes out normal both on PC and laptop

is a M-AUDIO M TRACK II

about the video: it starts playing a song through the TV speakers and then I switch to the audio interface both in the L and R sound and in the headphone input the result is the same as it appears in the video

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
It sound like trac-tor. What driver interface are you using? If it's ASIO try increasing buffer size. Definitely try on a another desktop PC, and try celan reinstall (clear driver remains and remove device from detection list) on yours. By the way which PC is it (CPU, MB chipset) and on what USB port?

OP
D

deish

I already tried to uninstall the driver that way

deleting through device manager and uninstalling the m-track control panel software

and reinstalled again using the official drivers (https://www.m-audio.com/support/download/drivers/m-track-mkii-windows-driver-v1.0.2)

and it continued the same, a curiosity I noticed is that when I uninstall the driver and connect the card again (the windows notification does not appear saying that it is installing the driver of the new device connected and etc, it does not notify anything and connecting "by first time" after uninstalling the driver, it appears instantly in the device manager as m audio m track without any notification from windows of installing the driver it just goes straight.

Captura de tela 2023-08-10 061236.jpg

about the buffer, I used the one from the software itself, I already changed it to all the values from the minimum 64 to the maximum 4096 and nothing changes

the print is 256 but I've always used it at 64 for 4 years and it's never been a problem, and yes I've tried to change the sample rate both there and on the sound panel and nothing.

is written not streaming because at the time of the print nothing was playing but any sound played on the PC it changes to streaming at the time.

SPECS PC :

Captura de tela 2023-08-10 061228.jpg
Captura de tela 2023-08-10 061251.jpg

About the PC these are the specs and it has 16gb ram.
I connect it to the rear USB ports, but I've tried all of them up to the front ones and the result is the same.

Your question made me think of something interesting, a few days ago the boot of my computer changed to the external HD and I had to change it in the bios and I remember having messed with an option there that at the time didn't seem like a big deal, I'll try to check and reset the options from Bios to see if that could be it.

well I'm going to test the bios and then I'll come back here to give feedback

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Well I am afraid I don't have a clue. AMD with AM4 soc had problems with SUB 2.0 port's cutting (IS2 overflows) which whose resolved with bios and driver updates. That's why I asked. You should try on a friend's desktop. How does the system generic USB audio 2.0 driver work with it (on Win 10/11) with yours?

Last edited:
OP
D

deish

I reset the bios through the panel (no need to reset through the motherboard)

and I also tried to run the card with the asio4all driver and it did the same

I did not get your last question ("How does the system generic USB audio 2.0 driver work with it (on Win 10/11) with yours?")

OP
D

deish

I would like to take this moment to thank you for the help you are giving me, I really appreciate it.

Do you have any idea what terms I could use to describe this problem to try and dig deeper on the internet?

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Choppy USB audio but you won't get very far, it happens more than you think.
From Windows 10 (update cuple year's ago) OS have it's own generic USB audio 2.0 driver (before it had 1.0) and it usually works OK.

BeerBear

I didn't see the video, because it requires logging in. But if you haven't already, try with a shorter or better quality USB cable.
Or, try disconnecting the PC completely from the power (unplug everything, monitor too) and leave it like this for at least half an hour. Then boot it back up and try again. I've seen this help for weird USB problems.

Sokel

Master Contributor
You can go to Device manager under the USB section and reset every single USB port,it's under their > Properties >advanced.
Make sure to deactivate energy saving too.

JeffGB

I'm a little confused as to why your video displays "Nvidia high definition" when changing the volume. My PC doesn't do that unless I have selected the output of my video card instead of my audio interface. AFAIK the Nvidia HD sound is carried by the HDMI or DP connector to your monitor/tv. You should have your audio interface listed there when using it. If you right-click on the volume button you should see a selection that includes one for your audio interface rather than the Nvidia output to your monitor, I think.

OP
D

deish

I'm a little confused as to why your video displays "Nvidia high definition" when changing the volume. My PC doesn't do that unless I have selected the output of my video card instead of my audio interface. AFAIK the Nvidia HD sound is carried by the HDMI or DP connector to your monitor/tv. You should have your audio interface listed there when using it. If you right-click on the volume button you should see a selection that includes one for your audio interface rather than the Nvidia output to your monitor, I think.
The Nvidia High Definition option is the sound on my TV, it has nothing to do with the audio interface.

I just put it on Nvidia High Definition to show how the audio is coming out on other devices on the same PC (Nvidia High Definition is equivalent to connecting the headphones to the green input, I just used the one on the TV to better show you how it looks)

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
If you open Task Manager, under Performance --> CPU, what does it say for uptime? With Fast Startup enabled as it is by default, things can get kinda screwy after a while. I would turn that off and give the system a proper reboot.

I'm guessing the interface is connected to one of the ports on the back panel?

OP
D

deish

hello friends, sorry for the absent time.

I managed to test all the last things you suggested

And I don't know if it was the tip to leave a while without cables and etc or to disable energy saving

I just know that it more or less worked.

The following happened, I turned on the computer, it was the same thing, so I uninstalled the driver (marking the delete option), unplugged and plugged in the audio interface

and it just went back to normal, but I couldn't use it in any software (it said the device was busy), yes I unchecked the exclusive option and even then the same thing continued

something i noticed is that it only had 2 sample rate options (24bits 44k100 and 48k)

before it had to (16bits to 32bits, 44k100 and 48k), that is, I conclude that the correct driver for it is not installed.

Oh ok, I tried several things from restarting the PC and installing the default driver provided by M-AUDIO

all attempts to change it in some way (until unplugging and plugging in again) THE PROBLEM COMES BACK.

but the good thing is that it really is a software problem and not hardware

Do you have any idea what to do in this case?

I think I'll just format it

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
This is one of those things I'd be tempted to try sorting out remotely over a TeamViewer session. I might give it a shot tomorrow if you can install / run version 12 (running the QuickSupport version would probably do). Right now I'm tired and my back is killing me.

Reinstalling Windows is almost always unnecessary, basically any halfway-operating system can be repaired with internal tools.

Sokel

Master Contributor
After all this go to device manager,check the hidden devices option and delete anything double,obsolate and inactive similar related to m-audio.
After all this install-uninstall there may be stuff that conflict.
It would be better to delete them from registry too if you know how.

OP
D

deish

If you open Task Manager, under Performance --> CPU, what does it say for uptime? With Fast Startup enabled as it is by default, things can get kinda screwy after a while. I would turn that off and give the system a proper reboot.

I'm guessing the interface is connected to one of the ports on the back panel?
and the CPU is shutting down.
when you asked you had 1 hour of activity

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
This is one of those things I'd be tempted to try sorting out remotely over a TeamViewer session. I might give it a shot tomorrow if you can install / run version 12 (running the QuickSupport version would probably do). Right now I'm tired and my back is killing me.

Reinstalling Windows is almost always unnecessary, basically any halfway-operating system can be repaired with internal tools.

So you'll fix his USB audio issue...after you've emptied his bank account, changed all his passwords, stolen his identity and encrypted all his files? ;)

Astrozombie

Forum Donor
I would have gotten a focusrite and called it a day.............though there are people who have audio issues in Windows that they end up switching to Mac.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I would have gotten a focusrite and called it a day.............though there are people who have audio issues in Windows that they end up switching to Mac.

I have a few 2i2s and it's extremely rare to have any operational issues. Sometimes, if I muck around with too many other USB devices (DSOs, AFGs and other connected test gear) my audio might drop out. A quick disconnection/reconnection of the back mouted USB cable always fixes it.

Top Bottom