• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What gear do you regret selling/getting rid of?

Frgirard

Major Contributor
I regret no sale.
I regret buying all my High end audiophile toys like yba cd1 cd player, Martin Logan quest or proac D28.
I failed to be an audiophile and have no regrets.

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I regret selling my Oppo PM-1 headphhones, and the Oppo UDP-205, even though I almost doubled my money on the 205, and made a few bucks on the PM-1's.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This one threw me. If you don't mind me asking, was it a 'need money now' situation? 'Cause I've been there.
No I just hadn’t used them for a long time.

OP
Steven Holt

Steven Holt

Forum Donor

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Steven Holt

Steven Holt

Forum Donor
Now that this site exists I regret getting rid of all of it. I'd like to be able to send it Amir to test to find out just how much worse it was than I remember.

:)

TheAVInsider

I regret selling my Oppo PM-1 headphhones, and the Oppo UDP-205, even though I almost doubled my money on the 205, and made a few bucks on the PM-1's.
Same but different. I don't regret selling mine at all. Could be preference only, but the I did sell for more than triple my initial investment. Don't know if this helps, or hurts. Sorry about your loss, pain, and regret.

Last edited:

Bleib

Major Contributor
Gave my Audio Pro SA-4 to a family member and using now Audio engine 5 at the computer. And... It's much worse. No depth, lack of detail.

OP
Steven Holt

Steven Holt

Forum Donor
Yes, and more. I used it for home stereo gear. With the, "Tangerine." they apparently took on a HiFi tone. I've used it extensively but have not heard a pro driver version.
I just had a chance to look at the links you sent. I've never seen anything like that 'tangerine', and those speakers look amazing. I take it that the tangerine softened the highs, made it a little more suitable for home use. I can only imagine having two of the smaller ones in the living room -- talk about home theatre!

Peterinvan

When I sold my Audeze LCD-2f I threw in a nice "silver" balanced cable thinking I would not be into Audeze again.
What a mistake!
I had to buy another when I acquired my LCD-XC. :mad:

Pablo27

Don't regret selling any hifi gear but I sold a Marshall Club and Country amp in 1999, for £80, which I very much regret. Also an e series japanese stratocaster. I still search for that specific guitar on ebay!

blueone

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My Levinson No39 CD player-pre-amp. Sometimes. Perfect ergonomics, billet aluminum everything.
E1870E8B-D151-44A2-985A-C3793A1322E3.jpeg

Waxx

Major Contributor
I had an old Marantz 1030 that i used for years. Someone offered me a sum that looked ridiculous much at that time for it, but it's not near what people pay for it know. But i sold it as i needed the money at that time and had just made a Hypex UcD based amp (that i actually didn't like that much). It's a very good amp also, better than the Marantz now (that are not that bad as some think here).

I had a pair of Tannoy SRM10B's that i used for a while, but the crossover broke down and i did not know yet how to fix it at that time (20 years ago) so i sold it. The driver is very good and with an adapted crossover like the mastering labs version (the original is far from optimal) this is probally the best speaker that Tannoy ever made. I tried to buy it back, but those go for crazy prices right now and i'm not paying that. I used it with the Marantz amp above at that time. I replaced it in 2003 with the Goodman Mezzo SL's i still have (and i'm not selling those anytime soon, not making the same mistake twice). Those Goodmans are very good, but not as good as the Tannoy SRM10B

killdozzer

Major Contributor
So I'm sitting here thinking of my mistakes of the past (bad idea), and I was thinking about my past audio gear. So I would like to ask my fellow members, What audio gear do you regret selling or getting rid of that you truly regret? One of those, 'If I could do it over, I never would have' things. It can be anything audio-wise. I'll start off : my PS Audio Sprout 100. Close second would my Advent 300.
Yeah! Almost all of it. I was selling because of space. I didn't really want to get rid of the equipment. I'm just boiling it down to a system with least possible number of pieces specific to how I listen to music. I still have some pieces to go. Check this:
1662980083028.png

:D:D:D:D

It's a great CD player. Sony XA5ES. I just don't have any use for it anymore...

Top Bottom