• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What cables do you use in your systems?

graz_lag

Major Contributor
They say he got trapped into one of his "cul de sac made from Kevlar" creations ...

1546630273502.png

Last edited:

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
So what happened to Patrick82?
From what I've read, his ban came as the result of harvesting forum members' e-mail addresses and spamming them with advertisements for his "hearing supplement" multivitamins or something like that.

He was always on that fine line between trolling and possible legitimate psychosis. Pretty sure he knew he was being ridiculous, but he invested copious amounts of money and energy into his pursuits to the point where other members feared for his mental health. Definitely a character, and a lesson about subjective evidence taken to the extreme.

dropbear

From what I've read, his ban came as the result of harvesting forum members' e-mail addresses and spamming them with advertisements for his "hearing supplement" multivitamins or something like that.

He was always on that fine line between trolling and possible legitimate psychosis. Pretty sure he knew he was being ridiculous, but he invested copious amounts of money and energy into his pursuits to the point where other members feared for his mental health. Definitely a character, and a lesson about subjective evidence taken to the extreme.
Does that mean I will never ever get his magic pills again, then? And here I thought I will finally fully replace completely out of stock miserable audiophile's ticket back to the nirvana, rewarded by EISA themselves!
PZSyKPn.jpg

Bodyblue

I use quite a bit of Monster interconnects that I find in thrift stores. They are built well enough and are dirt cheap. All I really require is flexible cable and well made connectors. I have paid a bit more at times for the fabric covered cables only because I like the look of them but found no difference in their sound. I dont like the cheap Amazon interconnects because they are stiff and the connectors dont grip very well.

The only time I have had a problem with a cord was when I was using a super cheap 3.5 mm to RCA unit when using Spotify via tablet to my main rig. I kept hearing some fuzz and when I moved the cable around it increased/decreased depending on position. So I bought a $12 TruGreen cable and the problem went away. Crap is crap and jewelry is jewelry and I err on the side of "better than crap, but far less than jewelry".

As for speaker wire I use 16awg copper from Amazon in 100ft rolls. My main rig has 6 ft runs so I dont need anything more. Nothing fancy.

I do however think that for visual reasons somebody with a uber expensive system might like some of the boutique cables. Some of the cables look nice even though they dont sound any different.

There, first post......flame on!

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Lol

1375061_thumb.jpg

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Personally I consider the likes of Nordost to be in the same boat. And shill reviewers are worse still as they're not even the ones making $$$$$$$s out of fleecing the gullible.
What on earth makes you think the reviewers aren't making money? Without the High End as it exists today, the supporting print and web media would have closed their doors years ago. Between their basic paychecks, what goes on with LONG TERM gear loans, and who knows what other under the table deals, the high end reviewing community is doing just fine. ;)

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What on earth makes you think the reviewers aren't making money? Without the High End as it exists today, the supporting print and web media would have closed their doors years ago. Between their basic paychecks, what goes on with LONG TERM gear loans, and who knows what other under the table deals, the high end reviewing community is doing just fine. ;)

Fair point that. Somebody is paying for that high end stuff in chez Fremer.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's a fact.
But what on Gods Earth would make a person pay $20-30K for a Odin 2 power cord?
To pair it with their $15,000 US f$%#king B cable .. and of course their $50,000 Odin speaker cables For faster transients, wider soundstage, blacker background and overall better sense of "you-are-there"-ness ...

Veri

Master Contributor
D

Deleted member 65

Patrick, you never fail to frighten me a little bit.
I'm sure Nordost loves you, though!

LOL :D have to say I hate that even local hi-fi stores have tons and tons of nordost cables connecting everything (sponsored I'm sure), tricking the naive/uninitiated this is something they need...

Seems as Patrick82's irony, humour and mocking of expensive Nordost cables is not coming thru to all. There's some hilarious postings by him in the Swedish euphonia forum, mostly in Swedish, a couple in English.

D

Deleted member 65

He apparently had Nordost cables in his possession, which means either that he stole them or that he spent a great deal of money on them. Therefore, if he's just trolling, he must be very serious about it.

He was very serious in making fun of Nordost cables. Was a great amusement at the Swedish forum, I'm sure the only cables he's ever touched are his own super expensive Coconut cables (all based on EKK power wires) ... ;-)

D

Deleted member 65

This is the Coconut Boa Constrictor cable by Patrick82, wish I had one ...

1547474912446.png

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Patrick82 is a Swedish user with a great sense of humour.
But are you laughing with him or at him Lars? Personally I think he's just gone bat schitt crazy. o_O
Keep him away from guns and the children! LOL

D

Deleted member 65

But are you laughing with him or at him Lars? Personally I think he's just gone bat schitt crazy. o_O
Keep him away from guns and the children! LOL

He's crazy over the top, should see his postings on the Swedish forum. I'm neither laughing with him or at him, just wondering how anyone reading his posts can take it seriously for a fraction of a second?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
This is the Coconut Boa Constrictor cable by Patrick82, wish I had one ...
I'm neither laughing with him or at him, just wondering how anyone reading his posts can take it seriously for a fraction of a second?
He's more than a bit confusing?
So what's with that cable, does he sell them, for how much?
And why would you want one, or are you just joking too.
I'm so confused. LOL

Top Bottom