• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What blutooth CONTROLLED devices are out there?

thejeenyus

I have been using Roon sofware volume control and the volume goes up to the top on its own. so fun! no help from the company whatsoever and no refund on lifetime membership! I'm now looking for a device that is blutooth or wi-fi controlled so I can control the volume of the selection playing on roon while I'm sitting outside. I have found WIIM product but hope to find something more high-end. could be DAC, amp or preamp. as long as I can control the volume remotely on an app.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I have found WIIM product but hope to find something more high-end. could be DAC, amp or preamp. as long as I can control the volume remotely on an app.

Anything that controls the volume on an 'app' has the capability of going completely AWOL on you.

The only thing that is truly safe is no remote volume at all. The second safest is a remote motorized volume, not controlled by an MCU. Everything else is a risk. If you're outside with a very high powered amplifier and fragile speakers, I would consider trying to find a limiter of some sort.

Accidents can happen and I've seen people crashing through the back door and sprinting through the house to pull the plug on gear after an 'app' that crashed and left the music blasting through outside speakers at a BBQ. Hilarious and I nearly spat out my beer laughing.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Hilarious and I nearly spat out my beer laughing.
I'm glad you didn't... no one wants to see wasted beer mate. ;)
no help from the company whatsoever and no refund on lifetime membership!
Seems you're not the only one to have this problem either;

I'd be pushing Roon for a full refund. Oh and welcome to ASR. :)

JSmith

Top Bottom