• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

what are your industrial design favorites?

DesertRatt

jmaBB.jpg

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Back in the day I had a Parker 51 fountain pen ... quite exquisite and a good writer too. Mine might still be a drawer somewhere but I haven't used it in many decades.

From what Iv'e read and been told fountain pens are have been having a bit of a renaissance over the last few years, at least in the western world.

Last edited:

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1710886548322.jpeg

I'm thinking maybe a crew as big as nine. :cool:

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well you start with a crew of 3 and pick up 6 chicks don't you?
2 & 7 chicks (one has to be a helper chick).
But unlike the 1969 CADILLAC METRO METEOR AMBULANCE/HEARSE that I had (custom with TV, VCR [a new thing then], nice sound system, the flower vases which had been made into coolers & a twin+ bed area of 4" high density foam covered by sheets & a spread).
Due to the possibility of it being an ambulance, there were 2 fold out seats facing each other in the middle of the right back area for possible attendants.
Since the divider passenger/driver window was not designed to roll down (thus being a "passengers divided from the driver") alcohol could legally be in the bed area, open or not.
I discovered that I could go to bars & guys would come up to me & offer to pay me $10-$20 for a ride with their girlfriend(s) of the moment for a ride in the hearse.
That caused me to make enough driving it to bars to pay for my fuel & my 'adult libations' as well as getting something of a show to boot.
And when I had my girlfriend with me & went to a lovers lane, most others left.
Something about a random hearse showing up (with the license plate reading GRV DGR), I guess.
At any rate, it created the songs scenario "I think we're alone now".

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice preamp, too - from a good, solid designer (Mark Deneen).
He "did" this one, too, for ADC... so many 6DJ8s. :)

View attachment 357682
Yes 6DJ8's also loved by Roger Modjeski at Music Reference and RAM tubes. Had one of his 6DJ8 based RM4 amps for moving coil cartridges. It equaled the level of quiet of the SOTA headamp from John Curl using JFETs. Mr. Modjeski also designed the Beveridge RM1 preamp, one of the nicest you could get. The phono on the RM1 was within .05 db from 1 hz to 100 khz and 0 to -3 db from .15 hz to 600 khz. A direct coupled tube design.

Reactions: EJ3

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I bet that drastically affected the 'hand'ling. Of the car, too, of course.
We only travelled from the disco to the house maybe 3/4 of a mile distant. It was not as bad as it might seem but the 240Z was really low to the ground.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We only travelled from the disco to the house maybe 3/4 of a mile distant. It was not as bad as it might seem but the 240Z was really low to the ground.
Well: low to the ground usually results in better handling BUT a higher center of gravity can offset that.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
2 & 7 chicks (one has to be a helper chick).
But unlike the 1969 CADILLAC METRO METEOR AMBULANCE/HEARSE that I had (custom with TV, VCR [a new thing then], nice sound system, the flower vases which had been made into coolers & a twin+ bed area of 4" high density foam covered by sheets & a spread).
Due to the possibility of it being an ambulance, there were 2 fold out seats facing each other in the middle of the right back area for possible attendants.
Since the divider passenger/driver window was not designed to roll down (thus being a "passengers divided from the driver") alcohol could legally be in the bed area, open or not.
I discovered that I could go to bars & guys would come up to me & offer to pay me $10-$20 for a ride with their girlfriend(s) of the moment for a ride in the hearse.
That caused me to make enough driving it to bars to pay for my fuel & my 'adult libations' as well as getting something of a show to boot.
And when I had my girlfriend with me & went to a lovers lane, most others left.
Something about a random hearse showing up (with the license plate reading GRV DGR), I guess.
At any rate, it created the songs scenario "I think we're alone now".

you're not W.H. by any chance? :oops:

1710939189456.gif

JohnnyAudio

Notron Mk1 MIDI sequencer

n with case.jpg

Top Bottom