• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are you folks listening to right now?

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
PSA:
You know that Earworm you really wanted to listen to [and then, brag about it by posting it in this thread << ;)]... and couldn't remember the artist/song but recall the song's hummers like "Boom chaka, boom chika boom boom" or "dum dum badum dum" or "nanana na na nana na nana"???
Well, Google is here to help:
Google recently announced the hum-to-search feature for its mobile app, and it works pretty much as advertised: you hum, whistle, or (if you're brave) sing a melody in the app for about 10 seconds and it tells you what the song is, along with a couple of other candidates. If you're using Google Assistant, you can just say "Hey Google, what's this song" and then hum the tune.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nicely recorded, great performances.

1700279761660.png

NIN

xqv1x2bkacikgq9eovv8nin.jpg

Tonight's soundtrack
Darkthrone - Total death (CD)
Miss kittin & the hacker - The first album (CD)
Cantate domino (CD)
Rheingold - R (LP)
Stockholms negrer - Brutal disciplin (LP)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I always thought Steve Miller's "Fly Like an Eagle" song never made any sense, if it was not stupid.
Then came The Avalanches with their song "Frontier Psychiatrist" (circa early 2010s).
Yes, maybe it was also a stupid song... but it has a ring of an earworm; with catchy lines like "That boy needs therapy, it's psychosomatic", and "You are a nut, you are crazier than a coconut."
Recently, in a conversation I said "...he is a nut" and my mate replies with "he is crazier than a coconut", without never having heard the above song, previously.
I had to dial-up that song on youtube, so that she could hear it (as can you)... which I had never seen the video of.

TL&DR in 3 words: Ridiculous, funny, stupid.;)

zdykstra

A little bit of drum and bass is on the stereo tonight. Not everybody's cup of tea, but once I heard LTJ Bukem back in the early early 2000's, I've loved everything on the Good Looking Records label.

Belgik

Bob Dylan's "Rough and Rowdy Ways"...based on some favorable reviews, I'd bought this album when it first came out, listened to it and filed it away. Subdued sound, blurry instruments, "hit" potential inexistent...

Recently I gave it another listen, in bed, on headphones, and, hu-huh...Dylan up to his usual tricks morphed into magic, crossing the Rubicon, the river no one knows the true location of, Murder Most Foul in the El Paso classroom, about to have a spelling test in a language I hadn't yet learned and -whew, the relief when the door burst open and a girl in tears screaming, top of lungs, "the president's been shot" and ... no English test! And, now old, the feeling of having to pay that bill from 1963.

It's a beautiful album. It usually takes time for me to listen. Beautiful voice of an old man.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Tidal Music introduced me to the Belgian musician 'Tamino' (Tamino-Amir Moharam Fouad) last week. He possesses a voice that reaches 'angelic heights' on his 2022 pop ballad, 'My Dearest Friends and Enemies'

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The Smashing Pumpkins - "ATUM - A Rock Opera in Three Acts" [2023]
Billy Corgan's old ferocity is long gone, but it is still that melancholy 'pumpkins.

Top Bottom