• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are these treatments?

ErVikingo

Can someone identify the treatments on casters on the right side? Pic from Pure Audio Projects gallery.
Moveable Treatment.jpeg

egellings

Major Contributor
I'm guessing that they may be sound diffusers, or possibly absorbers. They are there to prevent reflections from the glass window.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I can identify them as expensive :D

egellings

Major Contributor
I can identify them as expensive :D
If that's what they are, I'd try to come up with something home brewed to do the same thing for a fraction of the cost. As it is, that's not a concern for me with my current setup. No need for 'em.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If that's what they are, I'd try to come up with something home brewed to do the same thing for a fraction of the cost. As it is, that's not a concern for me with my current setup. No need for 'em.
The prices there are high, especially considering the questionable designs.

sweetsounds

They look like absorbers made of Basotect mounted on a clothes rail on wheels. I forgot, which manufacturer made this dome shape.

It could also be an Auralex Hemisphere diffusor for a couple of 100 bucks.

A cheap solution to have a movable absorber/diffusor in front of windows.

I personally would prefer to put a glass 2D qrd diffusor there, if I had the money and a window front.

Top Bottom