• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Directed to this introduction forum by JSmith -- Thank you to him. I have periodically meandered through these web pages and, despite having very little technical know-how, have found the information helpful and the members very knowledgeable. I suppose I'm expected to describe my current gear, but at this time awaiting delivery of an Emotiva line-up, including a BasX A2 amp, BasX PT1 preamp, Airmotiv B1+ speakers, and Airmotiv SE12 subwoofer. I know that's pretty low-level gear compared to most of you, but I just wanted a decent enough system to enjoy Qobuz and radio in my family room. My main system is Benchmark-based (AHB2, HPA4, DAC3), Bluesound Node 2i, RLS 10S subwoofer, and Selah speakers that I built this past summer. As you can tell I like to keep a system in the same family to ensure compatibility. Anyway, looking forward to learning more from y'all and appreciate the good this website does for people interested in audio, even for those of us who lack technical expertise.
How's that atmospheric river hitting you peeps? Torrential rain?

gags

Hello everyone.

I’m Gags from London, UK.

I’ve been into sound ever since I was a kid but just getting round to affording reasonable kit.

This forum has proven fertile source material, thank you.

In addition to waiting for imports from the US to start up again I help run a small internet radio station and dj once a month at an artisans market south of the river.

Extra

Hi everybody! New member here. I come from south Italy.
I just got into the HiFi world recently, and I'm happy to be gone beyond the boundaries of the mp3 quality - it was like to have discovered new colours. Hope to absorb some of the knowledge here contained!

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
Hello everyone.

I’m Gags from London, UK.
Hi everybody! New member here. I come from south Italy.
Hi, I'm from US.
Heyy, welcome all. :)

66e9aa800c0bade4de3f050830d5349b.gif

JSmith

Valter

hello everyone,
I have been dealing with hi-fi playback for 40 years,
listening to your music well is a very powerful medicine.

gags

Tremolo

Hi everybody, new member from Italy. Sorry for my english. Following ASR I've already managed to get the best from my old gear without adding too much (headphones eq). Now I want to try some step further in audio reproduction and I hope to find the help I definetely need

Slayer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi everybody, new member from Italy. Sorry for my english. Following ASR I've already managed to get the best from my old gear without adding too much (headphones eq). Now I want to try some step further in audio reproduction and I hope to find the help I definetely need
No need to be sorry, you already speak (type) English better than half the Americans I know. Plus, we have No grammar police around here.
Welcome aboard.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
No need to be sorry, you already speak (type) English better than half the Americans I know. Plus, we have No grammar police around here.
Welcome aboard.
On occasion they do pop their heads up now and then. But you have my Official permission to ignore them. ;)

Caciara

Hello everyone from Italy! I recently joined the forum even if it’s been a long time since I come here to look for information to understand and learn. I’ve always been a music lover since I was a child and now I finally start to put on an audio system. I sincerely thank all the participants to this forum because I have really learned a lot thanks to you... and I still have a lot to learn!

DR3

Allow me to introduce myself. I am an engineer but also an audiophile. So I guess that means I am interested in both specs and the placebo stuff ;)
Stefan from Canada (originally England)

Ben3141

Hi there, Ben from France.
I'm joining the forum as I make my first steps into the hi-fi world, eager to learn in general and in particular about the products I will buy to finally get some decent equipment.
Thanks

spiral scratch

Hi Everybody! Mike from Canada here. A long time hobbyist and budding DIYer. I've been into music and playing records all my life. Started getting CDs in the 90s. Met an "audiophile" in the early 00s who started me onto better gear and sound. I started to understand how better sound enhanced the whole experience. I fell into a lot of distractions regarding what was actually important to achieve better sound; too much time spent worrying about wires when better built gear was the obvious solution. I think I found this site while looking for a new DAC. Based on Amir's reviews, I ended getting a Khadas Tone Board and JDS Atom which have brought a lot of listening enjoyment to my life.

I really enjoy this site for helping me to understand how audio actually works and getting the most enjoyment without wasting time and money on nonsense. I hoping to start using REW to get my room acoustics sorted, do some speaker measurements, and check out some cartridge responses. I'd like to look into the Harmen listening training to help my understanding of better sound.

I started out building ICs and am now currently building a set of speakers, a phono stage and speed controller for my turntable along with a bunch of vintage gear to repair. It's turned into more of a DIY thing than I had intended but it's fun to hear things that I've had a hand in building and fixing and saving a bunch of cash. Although that can be a mixed bag too as there's whole audio part nonsense behind the audio gear nonsense.

Just trying to sort the wheat from the chafe.

Thanks for the great site and all the people who come here to share their experience and expertise.

ot974

Hello. I'm Olivier from Réunion Island, a small piece of France in Indian Ocean.
Everything is expensive here, especially audio stuff. So, I always tried to find the best price/performance ratio.
I built a dac, a tube headphone amp, a pair of speakers and wanted to compare and improve their performance.
While I was doing a search about error correction I found this forum. As a math teacher I love numbers, measurements and graphs.
Some of my ideas about audio had to be changed ( tube distorsion, r2r dac...), but others were right (I never believed in sound of cable nor other snake oil things).
I am now changing all my old setup. I began with a Sennheiser Hd560s, a Jds Atom Labs amp and a Hifiman Sundara is on the way.
Very happy to read the comments of expert members, learn more about audio and enjoy good reproduction of music .

mdrums

Hello! I am Mike and I’m in the Tampa FL area. If you’re in Tampa and there is any audio or home theater get togethers let me know.

I work in the music industry pretty much my whole life. From playing drums professionally to working as a sales rep for the largest percussion and other instrument companies for the last 25 years.

I am not as technical and scientific as most on this forum. I am more of the …does it sound real or not type. I really appreciate the technical background to making it sound real so that’s why I am here. I have a lot to learn about this side of audio equipment.

Top Bottom