• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Weird Cars Thread

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm guessing not all were ignorant novices either. It's an environment that is unforgiving of mistakes.

I don't feel I need to add cave diving to my bucket list.
Seems a perfect application for some underwater drones with nice cameras and lights. Yeah, I know, no appreciation for the benefits of joyous direct human experience.

Robin L

Master Contributor
120854662_10222721020509671_1018804625035390624_n.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 157786

Wait a minute, are windows that aren't clear, still windows? :)
I was more worried about the front and back coil spring stools.

Also they offered a single seat model with chain and sprocket drive. But it is not available in red it says just below the picture of a red one. Ha!
And what does one say about the spelling on the front tag?

HammerSandwich

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"Officer, sorry about the 105 mph. I just figured the light would start working if I spun the alternator fast enough."

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Last time I was pulled over for having a tail light out I was doing about 105 mph. I honestly didn't know it was out.
"Officer, sorry about the 105 mph. I just figured the light would start working if I spun the alternator fast enough."
Oddly for the USA, I was on a freeway 4 lanes on my side, and at least one car in each lane was going faster than I was. I had sped up and was moving amongst the high speed traffic to get out of their way. I'd seen them in my mirror closing the distance rapidly. We all pass a cop hidden in the brush at the edge, and he pulls out and decides to stop me.

I was acting like I should obeying the officer. I did at the end ask why he stopped me since 4 vehicles were going faster than me which he had to notice as they passed me just before he pulled me over. "You had your right back tail light out, and I wondered what else I would find". My car was also the only old car of the bunch. I guess he hoped I didn't have a license or no insurance or something. He was maximizing his revenue stream.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I went on a cavern dive with a guide in Mexico. It's like a cave but there is always a place to surface within 200'. Over 500 people have died in the Florida fresh water caves, and that number is from 10 years ago. Technical diving is one of the most dangerous things you can do. It's also not super expensive like trying to climb Everest.

@Harmonie when stuck, thats when you take off your gear and pull it through. Were you using a twinset?

Cave diving is super technical and having a double equipment is obligatory.
Means 2 separate equipments: 2 (mono) tanks having each their own regulator, a helmet and lights on it.

@Ron Texas, your idea is nice, if you have the ROOM to take off your equipment.
But when you are stuck, you're stuck for good and can't move much.

It was like diving in a hole in the earth.
I did it once and not sure I'd do it again.
I'm more the Nudibranch type of divers.
1633815613462.png

PS- Sorry for derailing.

Grumpish

I went on a cavern dive with a guide in Mexico. It's like a cave but there is always a place to surface within 200'. Over 500 people have died in the Florida fresh water caves, and that number is from 10 years ago. Technical diving is one of the most dangerous things you can do. It's also not super expensive like trying to climb Everest.

@Harmonie when stuck, thats when you take off your gear and pull it through. Were you using a twinset?

Spent a couple of weeks diving the cenotes around Tulum in Mexico, on a rebreather, quite an experience - also with a guide as I am not cave or cavern certified. The saying is that there are bold cave divers, and there are old cave divers, but very few old, bold cave divers - the mortality rate with cave diving is very high, the slope of the incident pit when things go wrong is very steep. Sadly my diving days are over, age and a coronary three years ago means that insurance is pretty much impossible to get.

Last edited:
OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Spent a couple of weeks diving the cenotes around Tulum in Mexico, on a rebreather, quite an experience - also with a guide as I am not cave or cavern certified. The saying is that there are bold cave divers, and there are old cave divers, but very few old, bold cave divers - the mortality rate with cave diving is very high, the slope of the incident pit when things go wrong is very steep. Sadly my diving days are over, age and a coronary three years ago means that insurance is pretty much impossible to get.

Rebreathers scare me shitless. If you mastered one, more power to you.

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Cave diving is super technical and having a double equipment is obligatory.
Means 2 separate equipments: 2 (mono) tanks having each their own regulator, a helmet and lights on it.

@Ron Texas, your idea is nice, if you have the ROOM to take off your equipment.
But when you are stuck, you're stuck for good and can't move much.

It was like diving in a hole in the earth.
I did it once and not sure I'd do it again.
I'm more the Nudibranch type of divers.
View attachment 158203

PS- Sorry for derailing.
Lets just say you got out of that jam, or you wouldn't be here today to participate in the discussion. You are hardly derailing anything. This is a non technical entertainment thread. Anything goes.

Top Bottom