• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Starpointer

I have got the buds pro and at first I was a little bit disappointed as I was literally downgrade from a 7 units 1dd 4ba 2est iem to the buds pro. Then I try to toggle the samsung built-in eq to decrease the mid bass and lower mids. It sounds better but nothing groundbreaking.

Until I was recommended wavelet, I have toggled the GEQ for a bit.
Screenshot_20210913-185706_Wavelet.jpg

Then miracle happens. The EQ turns out to sound like u12t in tonality according to my vague memory with crazy amount of details that I would never expect to hear them coming from a tws IEM! However I was still not satisfied.

I have bought the full version which have included the bass tuner.After setting up the the bass tuner.
Screenshot_20210914-104157_Wavelet.jpg

It sounds deeper with more body. I am finally satisfied with the sound of my buds pro.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Then I also discovered autoeq.
I immediately grab my dusty wh1000xm3 and apply the autoeq with ANC on as ANC sounds the best for me. I then quickly put a smile on my face. That annoying thumpy muddy sound was totally gone and a more neutral sound creep in, which turned my disappointment to amazement! However, one issues I have with harman target is the lack of high treble
(+10khz). I have used the GEQ to adjust the high end of it.
Screenshot_20210914-102136_Wavelet.jpg
It sounds so so great.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
I have also got another surprise. I have got Anker soundcore motion boom. In fact the bass can sink down to 40hz, the sound pressure of the bass not ideal. I have applied the bass tuner on 56hz 5.0db makes the speaker sounds bigger thicker and more impactful.
Screenshot_20210914-110050_Wavelet.jpg

I have applied a new eq in the anker app and also toggled the eq of wavelet.
Screenshot_20210914-110044_Wavelet.jpg
After applying this 3 settings the soundstage was increased significantly and also effectively compensate the early treble roll-off due to SBC codec.

Except the audio miracle it has brought to my audio gears. It is also outstandingly convenient with the settings was saved via bluetooth devices which the settings will automatically applied according to the gears I have connected.

WAVELET IS A FREAKING LEGEND

Last edited:

fluufy

I made it even better since you can now import Amir’s EQ profiles with my guide:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ds/list-of-amirs-headphone-geq-filters.20043/
;)
This. Not only can you import Amir’s PEQs, but Oratory, Crinacle and a few others PEQs are already built-in to autoeq (they’re not all good but worth checking). If you have phones with no decent measurements (like the B&O Beoplay H9 3rd gen with Bluetooth and NC on), you can tune by ear using Peace and a sine sweep, then import your custom PEQ using the method above. Took me about 20 iterations to get right, but finally those H9 3G’s sound as good as they should be!

Wavelet app is even better than you thought :)

BigJim79

Hi everyone. I use Usb Audio Player Pro with my Buds Pro, I've been fiddling with the EQ a bit, but really what I'm looking for is someone who can convert these 7 Band EQs for the Buds Pro into PEQ? I have the PEQ add-in working with my DACs and certain headphones, but can't seem to find a PEQ that tames the 8k a little and sorts out the bit of bloat in the 200k sort of area?

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi everyone. I use Usb Audio Player Pro with my Buds Pro, I've been fiddling with the EQ a bit, but really what I'm looking for is someone who can convert these 7 Band EQs for the Buds Pro into PEQ? I have the PEQ add-in working with my DACs and certain headphones, but can't seem to find a PEQ that tames the 8k a little and sorts out the bit of bloat in the 200k sort of area?
I really wish Wavelet would add crossfeed. That would be a game changer for me.

Nothing Android does it for streaming, and I can't understand why.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I really wish Wavelet would add crossfeed. That would be a game changer for me.

Nothing Android does it for streaming, and I can't understand why.
UAPP has crossfeed if you use Tidal or Qobuz

Hark01

What are the Wavelet's filter parameters? Are these peak filters? What is the Q factor, if applicable?

Top Bottom