• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

VTV Purfi + Hypex Amp

JonfromCB

Has anyone bought or heard the VTV Purfi (3 channel) + Hypex (2 channel) Amp? It has my interest, the price is right, but I'm cautious of build quality and performance. Thoughts? Thanks

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The build looks OK to me by that picture below (3 channel only, missing the NC252MP that should be in there too), but I would also like to hear from actual owners.

IMG_8389.jpg

Th0805

I have the 2 channel VTV Purifi Sparkos Labs SS2590 and it's the real deal. Just about as good as any amp I've ever heard

OP
J

JonfromCB

Th0805, Good to hear. What are you controlling it with? Have you looked under the hood? Any Pics?

Th0805

Turntable and a Topping E30 into a McIntosh C38 preamp. And no, I haven’t popped the hood. Just hooked it up and started enjoying haha

Stoutblock

Forum Donor
I just picked up a pair of VTV Purifi 1ET400A four channel amps with the custom VTV buffers along with SS3602 op amps. These are perfect to drive my 2 x 4 channel speakers. These two amps replace four highly “hot rodded” Classe CA100 stereo amps. These two VTV amps together have less volume and 1/4 the weight of one of the CA100 amps. Not to mention the heat and voltage reductions. They did require new filter calculations for my miniDSP SHD for them to perform to my liking. As much as I’ve enjoyed the Classe amps over the years, they will be going up for sale and the VTV amps will be replacing them.

First visual impressions are to my liking. Simple and elegant appearance. A big foot print but very slim in hight. I like that nothing is there that does not need to be. XLR inputs, decent speaker lugs, IEC plug, small blue indicator light in front. The power switch is in the back but with the trigger connection that is not an issue. Inside everything is in its place and nothing is there that should not be. Simple and purposeful integration of the modules with associated wiring. I see no indications of quality problems some reviewers have complained about on my amps.

I really like the ability to tune the op amps in the buffers for each of my specific frequency needs for each channel of my 4 way speakers. I may even consider adding one or two of the VTV tube buffers on HF and/or mids? Yeah, I know a lot of you are not tube supporters and for good reason. I just like tubes on the front end of my main system. With 100% SS all the notes are there, and they are accurate, but with tubes in the signal path it seems like the musicians step into the room. I only mention this because the VTV amps are one of the few (only?) integrators that offers the tube buffer and a key reason why I choose VTV over many other class D options.

Top Bottom