• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Volumio v3 on Pi Zero 2

I can proudly state that a home streamer can now be as cheap as 40 eur:
Pi zero 2 W - 16 eur
Flirc case - 16 eur
Power adapter - 8 eur

It took me over 3 hours to set up but the next one would be done within 20-30 minutes. I overclocked it because the flirc case can cool it just fine. And the 512MB RAM seems sufficient for a player like volumio.

I have only tried streaming via Spotify connect into my SMSL-SU9. I am going to test thoroughly over the next few days.

This player is consuming less than 3W of energy and hardly takes any place. The cables actually take more space than the streamer itself.

If anyone is interested in a step by step process how to setup one up I can put some short guide together.

NewbieAudiophileExpert

I've been playing around with the raspberry pi 3b and 4b as streamers and i am pleasently surprised, impressed, and very happy with the performance.

Do you have any updates regarding the pi zero 2?

Top Bottom