• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

USB to SPDIF converter for Apple Music / DSD

BitPerfect_

Hi,
I've read lately about USB to SPDIF converters.
I also have found here on this forum and in other sources a few posts related.
For those who already use a Douk U2 or U2 Pro USB to SPDIF converter, would you please share with me,

-Using the Apple Music app, Hi Res files 24/192 > iPhone lightning USB out > USB-B in ( Douk U2 ) Optical/Coax out, you are still able to achieve 24/192 in order to go to an external DAC?

-In the above described audio chain, using Douk U2 or U2 Pro, the volume could be adjusted using the iPhone (Apple Music app) or it's fixed?

-If I use a USB Hub like we have in the below picture for example, the U2 / U2 Pro will be able to play DSD content stored on external HDD via USB in?
I know that there are some differences, some devices will play only from Windows for example. I also will have in mind that via U2 / U2 Pro's Optical/Coax out, DSD it goes at max. DSD64.

I have to recognize that I've read the specs more than once but not so sure if I fully understand all the details, being kind of new into this digital-audio-thing,
Thanks!

3c22303b22659d676140b1082923746a.jpg

Top Bottom