• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

UPnP + USB DSD File player + DAC

tc2007

Trying to see what all is in the market with the following feature set:

1. UPnP playback or Qobuz native integration
  2. Ability to play DSD / Flac files via USB input or SSD etc. (don't care about USB DAC input)
  3. Built in quality DAC preferred

I currently have a BS Node 2i and overall happy as a streamer but it doesn't do native DSD playback which is a deal breaker. I can always upgrade the power supply but by the time I add everything up I am in the $600 range (got 2i quite cheap). So I might as well get something more recent.

So far I found:

1. Aune S10N
  2. SMSL DP5
  3. Eversolo DMP-A6
  4. Cambridge MXN (CXN refurb)
What else is worth looking into in the $500-800 range?

Last edited:

Snoopy

Major Contributor
I think U have multiple posts now for exactly the same question where you got already responses.

Upgrading the power supply for a streamer is a waste of money.

The CXN v2 upsamples everything to pcm 384khz. Streaming or USB . Everything gets upsampled.

Once you apply PEQ, digital volume control and dsp of any kind to DSD , it gets converted to pcm.

Nearly all delta sigma DAC are multibit DACs even for DSD. So If someone is really anal about "pure" DSD you have a very limited selection of 1 bit DSD DACs That are available to you.

None of the DACs that you mentioned above are true 1 bit DSD DACs.

linuxfan

OP
T

tc2007

That's nice. The Wiim software is not really up there (compared to BluOS). I haven't used Wiim with Qobuz when I had it, only Amazon where it had lags and got stuck when idle with a long time to get back to work. Native Qobuz to Wiim is great when we have it !

Top Bottom