• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Trying to understand the turntable/vinyl world...

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
ok, but dirt does not remain "floating" in the water? ... i mean, i suspect at some point you are cleaning in dirty water (without filtering)
I think it works like towels.

a8e7a8609fcd012f2fe600163e41dd5b

mike70

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I think it works like towels.

a8e7a8609fcd012f2fe600163e41dd5b

o_O :D

The VRCM gives me very good results and i only spend very little water with the peace of mind that i sucked everything to dry the record.
But, people seems to haven't had issues of dirty water in the HummingGuru ... and the price and convenience is a "point out of the curve" ... very decent price for a totally automated RCM.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
o_O :D

The VRCM gives me very good results and i only spend very little water with the peace of mind that i sucked everything to dry the record.
But, people seems to haven't had issues of dirty water in the HummingGuru ... and the price and convenience is a "point out of the curve" ... very decent price for a totally automated RCM.
The problem I had with my vacuum RCM was that it did *not* suck everything out of the grooves. Even soaking and with multiple cleanings, my Shibata stylus could sometimes still find deep gunk. Perhaps a more powerful vacuum might do the trick; don’t know, didn’t try it.

With the combo of my existing vacuum and the Humminguru, I have not seen any dirt get onto my stylus. I mostly use the Humminguru by itself with the same result.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
I guess you're purposely ignoring the fact that streaming isn't the only source of digital music? :facepalm: LOL

In my 72 years on this earth, and since I've never been a wealthy person, I've always tried to get the best bang for my buck.
Sound quality is what matters to me most and I need to spend my modest income in a manner that delivers the best performance I can afford.
When it comes to expenditures towards my love of music, for my needs the LP belongs in a land fill along with the compact cassette, 8 track cartridge, shellac 78s, Edison cylinders, and 2 tin cans connected by a string.

If you enjoy collecting any of the above as a investment hobby that's great, have all the joy it brings you..
I'd rather listen to my favorite music in the best quality 2022 technology has to offer.
Since getting a streaming amplifier my use of vinyl has got less and less, still got a soft spot for my Denon DVD A-11 CD Payer. Just a thought should recorded music be primarily a revenue stream for Artistes or a source of publicity for live performances? Spotify and other streaming platforms provide a useful service in allowing us to listen to music performed by unknown musicians.

Godataloss

Do you have any recommendations for making a DIY ultrasonic?
I put mine together on my kitchen table in 30 minutes with stuff I had on hand when I received my 6L US cleaner from Amazon. I already had a rotisserie from my grill that I had never used. It was just meant to be temporary but here it is 6 years later still going strong in the exact configuration. 10 or so friends and members of our record club made units based on my 'design'. Since then, machines have dropped radically in price. At the time the cheapest units were still well over $1k. Now you can get a unit for near what I paid for in parts, though I have yet to see a unit that has the workflow advantages of my unit if you need to clean a lot of records. I use skewers with nylon spacers that cost about $2 to make. I put 3 records on each, prepare 10-15 of them and just rotate them in to the cleaner cycle and then hang them to dry before sleeving them. It works for me and the only thing I've really changed is the detergents I use which make a huge difference. Most of the units I see that you can clean multiple records at once are way more cumbersome to work with.

ixm9A6-j1Zm3ZGXz12ynCjfMvOGoP3IEv2bXMO_NotGb4cc_lKnWVOmxyFhO0AUmVYarGMziFg_bo9Z4VqDzniI30GNlLKQpgkAncUcDogdqodaifYOMHdYl1WIlHidkiCKgbRWSa2g1mBlqrAGztIbKVgzqnoAHsHFo9jolgf063jD_f8U1Xu3QC5Tbf3tafQd_XkILbn9eO-BdqfBuJ9XZ4_fvNMb0ZyKAj9uQ7ryAUUnE6_KbDHNHFBIFGwnjNKD3eiGSSBoNII3cmjX4G4MdxyVxyQnrlmsi2tBpHI3ZiLSyEUZ9iW-f2tHTUdhM03a4krqSjtEcbMj9BAAvwhiwlo9xYX2q-djRA5LXBQPiTcSMZ4FYDKUNR7P2A9yrF4lPla-dqkrPA9rh_ayq7aBGzH51yNt62tHX4_reZbDbD1_8LBSAul3Mwx2oxZom_lj0Alz6_cOfwRsvv_c6hh_AOPoGjmtO7c9eI0-Gwdb-IhbM8ZfIpvP-NTUmalU38tGgk62AwTNj-pa1L3fW45PmzrLGiMDt46azY91lAIXNK6YZEu_x7wvKxAK-AgbPE1f0ppkoZs0KavOBjn96Vxt6AnfLB5Oo9sMjduW-kHyHsAfTVfd0qmp6F6m658gPhiJp250x9VOycMyri7NeG_z5iva06PBGgUsZuQM7J90oJioV3jPutERvSA8szYMAwYRMerTb2L8OvdSP3ypz2yni2MOmiiPO803mRI6zPpMCcnIDMuykTvTH2pO9=w679-h905-no

Top Bottom