• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Trying to make DT 770 Pro (250ohm) match Logitech G Pro X headset

maliko

Hi everyone,

I've got a pair of Beyer Dynamic DT 770 Pro (250 ohm) and a Logitech G Pro X heaphones. When I'm playing guitar I love the DT 770 Pro, but when gaming I use the Logitech G Pro X. However, I much rather prefer the comfort of the DT 770 Pro.

I'd like to create an EQ profile for my DT 770 Pro to something as close to the Logitech G Pro X, so that I can use that when gaming.

I'm using Equalizer APO to EQ my DT 770 Pro, and I've been looking at frequency response charts for both headphones in order to match them, but I feel I lack the deep audio knowledge to achieve this. Can anyone help me do it? How would I go about getting them sounding close with EQ?

Thanks in advance!

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi @maliko! Welcome to ASR.

There are three reviewers who have measured both the DT770 Pro and G Pro X on the same measurement rig: SoundGuys, rtings, and Crinacle.
You can take their measurements of both headphones and calculate the difference. Here's what that looks like:
EQ to turn DT770 Pro 250Ω into G Pro X.png
Basically, the graph shows the required EQ to turn the DT770 Pro 250Ω into a G Pro X, according to the three sets of measurements.
With one caveat, which is that Soundguys has only measured the 80Ω version of the DT770, so I used that. The other two measured the 250Ω version.
Still, there's a pretty good trend here: increase midbass, reduce treble, leave the rest as-is.

To turn these graphs into EQ presets that you can load into EQApo, I used https://autoeq.app/ :
Screenshot 2023-06-14 225409.png

One complication is that pad wear on the DT770 affects the bass response noticeably:
DT770 Pro 250Ω Effect of Pad Wear.png

So far, I used measurements with brand new pads for the presets. If your pads are worn however, then the presets would no longer be accurate.
So, I applied the response delta that oratory1990 measured between new and old pads to the DT770 measurements of the other three reviewers, then ran those through the same procedure.

All in all that leaves you with six different presets to try out and compare, at least one of which will hopefully make your DT770 sound more like your G Pro X.
They're attached as Zip below.
How to import the presets into EQApo is explained here:
Screenshot 2023-06-14 232029.png

Attachments

• 770 to G Pro X Presets.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 74
OP
M

maliko

Hi @maliko! Welcome to ASR.

There are three reviewers who have measured both the DT770 Pro and G Pro X on the same measurement rig: SoundGuys, rtings, and Crinacle.
You can take their measurements of both headphones and calculate the difference. Here's what that looks like:
View attachment 292321
Basically, the graph shows the required EQ to turn the DT770 Pro 250Ω into a G Pro X, according to the three sets of measurements.
With one caveat, which is that Soundguys has only measured the 80Ω version of the DT770, so I used that. The other two measured the 250Ω version.
Still, there's a pretty good trend here: increase midbass, reduce treble, leave the rest as-is.

To turn these graphs into EQ presets that you can load into EQApo, I used https://autoeq.app/ :
View attachment 292325

One complication is that pad wear on the DT770 affects the bass response noticeably:
View attachment 292326

So far, I used measurements with brand new pads for the presets. If your pads are worn however, then the presets would no longer be accurate.
So, I applied the response delta that oratory1990 measured between new and old pads to the DT770 measurements of the other three reviewers, then ran those through the same procedure.

All in all that leaves you with six different presets to try out and compare, at least one of which will hopefully make your DT770 sound more like your G Pro X.
They're attached as Zip below.
How to import the presets into EQApo is explained here:
View attachment 292329
Amazing, those really did work! Thanks for sharing very much appreciated!

Top Bottom