• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Travel Headphone - Bluetooth & Wired or Durable & Portable

Fish17

I’m in the market for a do all headphone budget less than $500.

Is there a well reviewed product that does Bluetooth noise canceling or just Bluetooth but also has a traditional wired connection? Bonus points if it can do balanced too.

I recognize the pitfalls of Bluetooth, however the convenience of wireless when traveling cannot be ignored.

This would be my travel headphones for work, so durability is important too, but I want the ability to hardwire when I’m down for some high quality playback from my system or from a portable DAC on my work laptop.

Or I skip Bluetooth and get a tradition wired headphone and portable DAC like the Hidizs S9.

Durability and mobility is also important but I’d suffer some for better sound quality LOL.

Last edited:
OP
F

Fish17

The Dan Clark Audio Aeon headphones look amazing and they fold very compactly.

pk500

The Dan Clark Audio Aeon headphones look amazing and they fold very compactly.

Aeon RT is the only Aeon headphone that falls within the OP's budget when new -- by 1 cent. It's $499.99. :)

OP
F

Fish17

Aeon RT is the only Aeon headphone that falls within the OP's budget when new -- by 1 cent. It's $499.99. :)
Yeah the portability of the Aeon 2 maybe be worth the extra cost.

I would image they would test just as well as the RT.

The AKG K371s look like a great deal too! I like the portability but I question the durability.

Last edited:

pk500

Yeah the portability of the Aeon 2 maybe be worth the extra cost.

I would image they would test just as well as the RT.

The AKG K371s look like a great deal too! I like the portability but I question the durability.

The AKG K371 sound just fine, but the fit can be funky. My ears didn't get along with the fairly shallow cups at all.

OP
F

Fish17

How about the durability? Plastic is a concern.

The price is definitely right!

Top Bottom