• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Trade Naim Uniti Atom for Parasound P6 and a Streamer?

joeydeke

My Current System:

Roon Nucleus (Streaming Qobuz)
Naim Uniti Atom
Parasound A 23+
Focal Aria 936
REL T/9x

What sound quality gains would I experience by trading in my Naim and purchasing a Parasound P6 preamp and a quality streamer over using the Naim for streaming and DAC functions as I am now? Wound these changes be worth the investment?

Gary_G

I would guess none. That being said I have the A23+/P6 combo with Focal Aria 926 speakers. I like that I have one place to run TV, CD player, Roku, and the Bluesound Node through. Also the P6 has two sub outs with high and low pass options.

OP
J

joeydeke

Thank you Gary G for your reply. I assumed as much but I like to continue my learning process in this hobby. I originally had the Naim and Focals. Loved the sound, my first REAL system. Then I read so much about REL so I added one. Like many in this hobby I wanted “bigger/better” so I acquired the Parasound. From what I read, adding upgrades to already quality gear can lead to subtle but positive improvements. Such was the case with the A 23+. Right now I am enjoying the sound more than ever but like to know my options for "chasing better sound."

I read the manual and reviews of the P6 and understand the Sub Outputs. I have the REL connected using the High Level Input via the A 23+. While it would be nice to use the P6 to control the REL (Low LeveL Input) and use the knob on the front to adjust the gain, it seems a high investment for something I would rarely use. The Main Output Crossover looks interesting too but again, return on investment ….

The Naim seems to be an amazing piece and adding more Class A/B power seems to work well.

Lastly, since I didn’t want to make the original post as winded as this one, I have a dedicated listening room that is strictly 2.1 channel audio streaming Qobuz via Roon. That's another reason I questioned this purchase. I didn't need all the inputs on the P6. Just looking for SQ gains. Just trying top get a handle on the preamp in the Naim as compared to a separate and same for the streamer.

Thanks again!!!

Top Bottom