• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping Mx3 died, looking for replacement

baconboyrlz

Topping mx3 died after ~5 months, so I'm looking for a replacement set up. Must haves for me are bluetooth in, rca in, and optical in, as well as having speaker/rca out. It does not need to be all in one device either, definitely willing to get multiple if need be. I'll be running Micca Rb42s and Senn hd58x mostly.

Budget is hopefully less than $300. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: must also have SW capability

Last edited:

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Topping mx3 died after ~5 months, so I'm looking for a replacement set up. Must haves for me are bluetooth in, rca in, and optical in, as well as having speaker/rca out. It does not need to be all in one device either, definitely willing to get multiple if need be. I'll be running Micca Rb42s and Senn hd58x mostly.

Budget is hopefully less than $300. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: must also have SW capability

Try one of them AV receivers. They r certainly not worse than those all-in-ones, plus you will get 5.1 decoder, equalizer, subwoofer cross-over, room correction etc. I have Yamaha. Amir's measurements suggest that Sony can be slightly better.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Isn't there some kind of warranty for your MX3?

That's what I was going to suggest. Depending on where you bought it the seller may be liable for the warranty regardless of any manufacturer policies. That's why I prefer to buy from UK sellers, it isn't small mindedness but if I buy here I know my consumer rights which are pretty strong and mechanisms to follow up if the seller tries to evade their statutory obligations.

Top Bottom