• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L50 upgrade?

JediMa

Topping L50 is a good amp, but I would like something with more features (ports, remote, display ) so I was considering a A 70 pro, because of the more features, more power and not massive power supply hanging from AC. Is it a way to go or it's not worth it?

Last edited:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just had an A70 Pro and had the L50 a couple of times. They sound the same, just go with the A70 Pro if you want to use a 5 volt DAC without clipping, features, or use balanced headphones and want to stay in low gain for best quality. The L50 has a really low noise floor, same power on all connectors, and don't have to navigate into sub menus to use an amplifier. The Vuscreen looks cool but to avoid burn in, I set it to auto turn off so it was just a novelty.

OP
JediMa

JediMa

I just had an A70 Pro and had the L50 a couple of times. They sound the same, just go with the A70 Pro if you want to use a 5 volt DAC without clipping, features, or use balanced headphones and want to stay in low gain for best quality. The L50 has a really low noise floor, same power on all connectors, and don't have to navigate into sub menus to use an amplifier. The Vuscreen looks cool but to avoid burn in, I set it to auto turn off so it was just a novelty.
There's something to thing about here, and some question, how would I connect my E50 Dac to the A70? and do young that's not a so solid upgrade from the L50 you had and the A70 you are using now?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use these with the 1/4 to XLR. Completely transparent and I've bought six sets of them, never had problem. The 1ft is plenty long enough, but keep a 2ft for running some things side by side since the E50 is the daily driver for testing amplifiers. I don't recommend the silver adapters. since they're so big it makes it look like a rocket ship about to take off.

OP
JediMa

JediMa

I use these with the 1/4 to XLR. Completely transparent and I've bought six sets of them, never had problem. The 1ft is plenty long enough, but keep a 2ft for running some things side by side since the E50 is the daily driver for testing amplifiers. I don't recommend the silver adapters. since they're so big it makes it look like a rocket ship about to take off.
Thank you this solved my first big concern

Top Bottom