• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TOPPING EHA5

ObjectiveSubjectivist

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Exactly! If I went electro static I’d at least have an amp.
I've been considering estat headphones for quite some time, but I'm not really sure why as I have very good Stealths as my daily listening source.
I'm probably just curious of the technology and funny looking Stax headphones.

dartinbout

If I wasn't a Topping fanboy before this will certainly cement it. I bought a STAX SR-L700MK2 a few years ago and a KGST for a stupid amount of money to drive them. Well the KGST went t_ts up after a year, with an untraceable, insane hum. I tried replacing the tubes but no luck. I couldn't find anybody, local to me, to fix it and it's such a heavy beast that just shipping and insurance was prohibitive given my reduced covid-era income. Now Topping (bless'em) has come to my rescue with a Three Hundred and Ninety freaking Nine dollar electrostatic amplifier! This is insanely cheap. I had the STAX SRM-D50 Electrostatic DAC/Amp but returned and it was $1200 (I thought it was underpowered). The IFI is $1500 and I have always been been unreasonably skeptical of a company that sound "iffy". Need less to say I will be adding EHA5 to Topping collection. Is there a Topping T-shirt I can get with it?

dartinbout

OP

192kbps

Now the problem is what headphone to get for it?

Halo Acoustics EH-1&EHA-1 Electrostatic HP&Amp Kit​

According to the information I have learned, it will probably be released in June.
Just want to tell ASR friends that China not only has TOPPING, but Halo Acoustics is also worth paying attention to. Although I know it will be very difficult for audiophiles outside of China to purchase, I still want to share this information.

Last edited:

Svperstar

Debating getting it and a Koss to Stax adapter just for my 95X. Could always get a Stax headphone later.

Metronomy

But has Armir tried any Stax headphones? What are the characteristics of electrostatics?

Svperstar

Will it work with the Koss E-stat? Aren't they different bias voltages?

There is an adapter cable you can buy for the Koss 95X that will let it run on Stax amps, so I assume it will work on this amp

Svperstar

But has Armir tried any Stax headphones? What are the characteristics of electrostatics?

Yes he has, and the Koss electrostat amp. Its in here if you look.

Ra1zel

I might sound a bit hysterical but remembering topping L30 I would be a little scared plugging 6200$ staxes into 400$ amp from them.

frogmeat69

Forum Donor
There is an adapter cable you can buy for the Koss 95X that will let it run on Stax amps, so I assume it will work on this amp

I have one of those cables, I once owned the iFi E-Stat unit, but that had a switch to change the bias voltage to match your headphones, and Koss and Stax run at different voltages from what I remember.

Entropy

Lol.
apos-audio-topping-headphone-amp-topping-eha5-electrostatic-headphone-amplifier-38847841304812...jpg

Top Bottom