• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E70 "device malfunctioned and is not recognized by Windows"?

low_art

I've had an E70 since May. I've only used the USB and Bluetooth inputs. I'm using it with a PC running Windows 10 Pro. Recently, I received a pop up message: "The last device connected via USB malfunctioned and is not recognized by Windows", at which point the display of the E70 showed no signal from USB, and was not appearing in Windows. This fault only appeared a few times over the course of an evening. The following day, the E70 was recognized and began working as it had before.
The unit is still under warranty, and the seller has been cooperative, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I'm hesitant to have it shipped to China to be assessed and then sent back as that seems to increase the chances of another issue brought on by damage in shipping.
Thanks all.

staticV3

Master Contributor
The same pop up happened to me many times when I had a poor USB connection that cut out while Windows was initializing the device.
I don't think it's something to worry about.

Last edited:
OP
L

low_art

The same pup up happened to me many times when I had a poor USB connection that cut out while Windows was initializing the device.
I don't think it's something to worry about.
Thanks, maybe some others will reply re: the same issue.
David

HDavidson

There was the same problem with the old Topping D70. One day I completely lost contact. As a result, it was replaced by the seller with another one.

OP
L

low_art

Could try a factory reset of E70. In the standby state (power on with only the period on the display) keep rotating the control knob counter-clockwise until the display fully flashes.

Procedure is same for E70V.
Thanks, I did the factory reset, although that didn't have an effect on the problem. It seemed to resolve on its own. I'm leaning towards returning it under warranty.

Reactions: GPJ
Top Bottom