• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D90SE showing "incorrect FW ver" after power outage.

OP
X

xxxzeddiexxx

Something new in your case?
After some back and forth emails (they asked for a video of the situation) Topping said the device was "falty" and I was advised to send the unit to China for repair.
Since the device is out of warranty I have to pay shipment and reperation costs.
I'm going to ship it with UPS tomorrow. (+-70€)

Two advisory notes on shipping have me a little on edge:
* Please do fill in our phone number because post office will reject your package if no our phone number.
* Please declare it as "Defect item for repair", value USD20 or even lower to avoid unnecessary high tax.

Will UPS ask for a phone number and will I be able to add that, if not write it on the box?
Do I write "Defect for repair" on the box or can I declare that to UPS too?

We will see tomorrow.
I will keep this thread updated.
Thank you for asking.

OP
X

xxxzeddiexxx

So, sent the unit to Topping China on 8 sep.
Had to pay 16€ import fee while the value of the packet I declared with UPS was 50€ and with the description "Digital to analog converter".
Got fixed for 30$ shipping included in 4 business days.
It's on its way back past transit.
When the unit arrrives, I will confirm arrival with Topping and ask what exactly was the problem and
how it got fixed and post the result.
I'm happy.

OP
X

xxxzeddiexxx

Unit was recieved today in fully working order.
Cost : 73€ UPS to China, 16€ import tax, 30$ reparation and shipping, 27€ import tax.
Asked what was wrong with the unit but they are out of office for a week.
Very happy.

Top Bottom