• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to set Topping DX3Pro+ to Line Out DAC mode?

chitarraudio

Hello, I connected my Topping DX3Pro+ to an amplifier and I'd like to disable the adjustable volume on the dac itself.
The manual says there's a Line Out Out mode that would do just that, but I can't find a way to get to it (there is no button for it on the remote). Supposedly it can be found in the "Setup Menu" and I would have to "press and hold the knob first when the power is off, and then power up to enter it" but when I tried doing that the device displayed dFU on the screen and was not responding to any form of input.
I got the device to work again by unplugging and plugging the power back in.
Also, is there a difference between setting the Line Out to DAC mode vs Pre-amp with volume set to max?

Hello,

If I remember right, in the case of the Dx3pro+, power off does not mean standby mode, but unplugged power. So you'll have to do the knob manipulation again, but starting with an unplugged device. Then you'll be able to disable the dac volume (m -d). I don't know if there is a difference between full dac mode and max volume preamp mode.

Top Bottom