• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

"Tinnitus anyone?" (UK pronunication)

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There was a big study done on it in 2019 with a blind test group using Ginko root (which is the "active" ingredient in Quietus which is crazy priced). I've researched it for several family members who have it, the most common is barometric tinnitus which kicks in as the weather/barometer changes. As far as audio equipment that might help, there was a study here using the Turtle Beach Hypersonic speaker system. I've had their headphones, but haven't tried those speakers.
HearingReview has a ton of current information too, there's always technology improvements coming out.

egellings

Major Contributor
I got tinnitus from my service in the US army (drafted) as an artilleryman. Gotta love the dynamic range of an 8" howitzer shooting charge 5! Palpable impact! Slam! The sonics!

Faxe

I have it on both ears. It is caused by severe stress for a longer period of time. It is a present 24/7. I don't consider it a big problem.

holbob

Is it caused by stress? That's such a shame - I'm sorry to hear that. I get pretty bad tinnitus when I'm tired. I know it's time to go to bed when it comes on. It's incredibly loud in the evening when i'm tired, albeit always there unfortunately.

D

Deleted member 21114

I got tinnitus from my service in the US army (drafted) as an artilleryman. Gotta love the dynamic range of an 8" howitzer shooting charge 5! Palpable impact! Slam! The sonics!
Everyone knows you need at least a 10" for decent bass ;)

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m 58 and I only have occasional hits of 10-15 seconds. About a decade ago I started carrying attenuators and noise-cancelling IEMs for subway, concerts, movies, airplanes, etc.

Faxe

Is it caused by stress? That's such a shame - I'm sorry to hear that. I get pretty bad tinnitus when I'm tired. I know it's time to go to bed when it comes on. It's incredibly loud in the evening when i'm tired, albeit always there unfortunately.
Yes it is, in 2017-2018 i had to go through a lot of stress not knowing I have ASS. Besides Tinnitus it caused a heart attack, poly neuropathy in my hands and feet and extrasystoles. My record blood pressure in that time was 190-250. And I was a rather healthy person riding my bike 10-15 hours a week by average and running once or twice a week.

Top Bottom