• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Things you would like to change on compact class d amps ?

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Things you would like to change on compact class d amps ?

Personally i would like 2 rca input so you can use an audio sourcer selector for yor cdplayer, tape deck,tuner and turntable and the other input directly from your main source, in my case my pc, into my amp Fosi audio TB10D

Tone defeat so the sound don't go into some tone control circuit before it goes out of the amp (for best sound,as little as possible influcence on the sound as from the input to the speaker terminals)

No power supply so you get the amp as cheap as possible and can chose what ever power supply you want, without having to buy one the manufactory think you want.

Sometimes my volume is at 8 o'clock and it's a little loud, attenuators, even -10db is to much reduction, i would like to have,want a bigger volume knob so the travel before 3 o'clock is bigger and so the volume in 99,8% of the time is low at low settings, and high at high settings

What do you like to change if possible ?

Last edited:

VMAT4

Forum Donor
Check out the BRU5. It's available on AliExpress w/o power supply.
I'd like a cheap class d amp w/o a volume knob. As power amps should be.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Check out the BRU5. It's available on AliExpress w/o power supply.
No tone controls, no dual rca inputs, i don't need bt, don't need usb, have a very good ifi dac

Fast Delivery on orders over 10 euros Estimated delivery on Oct 17 That is super slow

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Considering how compact many of these little amplifiers are, there almost isn't enough room for more sets of RCAs on the back panel! Seriously, I think they try to balance usability and cost pretty well.

That said, I agree a compact integrated or preamp needs several inputs, even if a few are offloaded to even 3.5mm in order to save space.

A gain switch is basically a few resistors and a switch, so no real cost there, and you could then utilise the full range of your volume pot rotation.

The power supply is a difficult one. BYOPS (bring your own power supply) might sound like a good idea, but people are notoriously stupid when it comes to 'alternative' power sources. Too much voltage, not enough, too little current resulting in motorboating/fires etc.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Arylic A50 just much more expensive than the fosi audio v3,tb10d and bt20a pro(less than 75-100 euros + shipping vs 186 euros on audiophonics for the A50), 2 inputs + wireless should be possible on less then ultra compact class d amps

2023-09-17 11_09_26-Amazon.com_ Arylic B50 Bluetooth aptX HD Stereo Amplifier with Audio Trans...png

mini jack is analog and personally i wouldn't mind because of the space rca and mini jack or just mini jack as long as there could be one for the main source and the other for an audio source selctor, for my amp i use this

Not ultra cheap,not expensive but sees like good quality and does it's job, for me without any noise but my dac ifi signature v1 directly ino my amp, yes please, not an option with a turntable (built in phono stage),tape deck and a cdplayer.

Top Bottom