• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Wheel of Time TV series

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Agreed: Min and the "revelation" were weak. I understand what they tried to achieve, I just think the execution could have been a lot better.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Seven episodes and I don't care about any of the characters or thier fates. Not a good sign for longevity.
I feel the same. It was good enough at times. But about 15 minutes before the end of episode 7 I just stopped it and thought I don't care who the dragon is. Don't care about these characters or the world the show is set in. I did finish the episode and felt the reveal was handled like a high school drama student did it. So I think I'm finished with the series.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I gave up on the show, it was pretty weak to begin with and it's unfaithful to the source material for no apparent reason.
There is a very good reason for this. It's the big "p" word that cannot be named here for fear of banning ;)

This is just another of these series that wants to ride on the hype of the original books or series, and then fails to deliver due to bad casting, terrible writing, and woke marketing.

This does not bode well for the new Lord of the Rings series, nor the GoT prequel series. From what I heard of both of them they are going to be a total disaster.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I really like Rosamund Pike as an actor and I was excited about this, but I couldn't get through the first episode.

At the risk of oversimplifying, for me the show exemplified all the aspects of the "fantasy" genre that I just can't get into. Too clean, too contrived, I just couldn't care less about any of it.

I don't know that it's actually bad, though I'll take folks' word for it - I just know it wasn't for me.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I just watched the season finale. Sooooo many changes and for what? I really don't understand the need to license a successful series of books, get enormous funding and free reigns to do whatever they want, and change most of the story!

StuartC

Forum Donor
I'm not watching this series from here on. Episode eight was the final nail in a coffin of poor scripts, lacklustre screenplay and a generally poor effort overall. Rafe Judkins should hang his head in shame at the travesty he's made of what should have been an utterly enthralling adaptation.

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Noticed that Amazon gives me a choice in streaming Dolby Digital Plus or Atmos for WOT. And Season 2 seems much better to me than below satisfactory Season 1.

Last edited:

Martin Takamine

Season 1 broke the series beyond repair, makes no sense to continue watching it. It could have been a great series but unfortunately we have what we have...
Agreed. I gave Season 1 a shot but very little resembled the books. Gave up about half way through Season 2 Episode 1. This isn't the story I'm familiar with and I don't think it will get any better.

Triliza

Forum Donor
This isn't working for me too, was hopping this season at least to start getting attached to one of the characters as portrayed in the series, but none is doing it for me so far.

Reddoc

unfaithful to the source material for no apparent reason.
Pike is good in most things she plays.
Whoever plays Perrin makes me groan
But this ^ quote exemplifies the major disappointment for me.
And in yesterday's episode, it seemed that a character ALREADY IN THE SERIES was "born"? I think they got the sequence more than a bit wrong.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's such a disappointment that I just ignore it altogether.

Good luck for the producers trying to make this show to stay afloat. Better shows have been cancelled for less.

JLGF1

I think WOT may undercut "The Outpost" and that was a fairly low bar.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Tough audience, here.

I've been a long time reader of the novels and am thrilled for this. Just caught up and finished S2 tonight. Looking forward to S3.

Does it bother me that they aren't keeping strict adherence to the novels? Nope. As was said in an interview, if they tried to do that, the "kids" would all be in their 50s when they finished the story.
Do I agree with every choice they make? Nope... But I'm enjoying the show for what it is.

:)

Anonamemouse

I finally started watching this. And moved on to something else after the 3rd episode.
I like the score. I'll play that again later.

IndieSynth

I have absolutely no attachment to the books so just viewing this as a TV series.

Season 2 is so much better. I almost gave up on season 1 so wasn't expecting anything, but apart from some vague plot details I thought season 2 improved on season 1 in almost every way.

Top Bottom