• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The search of definitive speakers for me

Ciobi69

Hello everyone, after trying several speakers, i would like to post some option to find and get help for a definitive speaker, i have no pre-concept a good measuring speaker with high capacity's is a must, i love dynamic speakers, actually i have a very good amplifier that could drive anything Soo amplifier it's not a problem, it's a parasound jc1 i could switch to active speakers if it's Worth, and i am already building 2 18 inch subwoofer mainly for movies Soo the low end it's pretty covered till the 80hz region , here is the list that i did with time after researching

Double 15 inch and compression driver horn projected at the state of the art by a very good person (this one could be the most performant speaker) the cons is that it's obviously a diy option and you know the market of this

Neumann 420 used
State of the art Active monitor not much to say maybe the aesthetic it's not for everyone I' don't know if they could have some problem in dynamics at very high volume ( they could Be a little narrow for horizontal dispersion someone may not like it)

Kef blade 1/2 used
As i saw its a very very good measuring passive speaker, and i love the design

Genelec 8361 used
Same as the Neumann this is the look that i prefer less between the speakers

This is my list the budget is maximum 10-12k
I prefer to buy and i got patience,if you have other suggestions i am open for it!

jamescarter1982

saw a pair of 420s with a pair of the tower subwoofers on sale recently for 8k seemed a lot of speaker for the money

OP
C

Ciobi69

worth asking if they'll ship to Europe these have Been up for sale quite a while
yes thank you very much, i did sent them a message, if i was in the uk i would have bought them, now i want to see how much could they cost with the taxes plus shipping, thanks!

Top Bottom