• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The quintessential 80s pop song?

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The eighties had also some nice quirky house / italo o_O:cool:

Last edited:

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor

And this is another category, but also very very 80s:

GeorgeWalk

That's Bernie Worrell up there with them, right? I just mentioned him in a different thread. I saw this at the cinema a couple of times when it was new. Awesome.
Yes, that is Bernie. I saw the film when came out and I saw them do it live Lowell, MA. Awesome band with a great sound. I think Tina Weymouth is a vastly under rated bass player. When I watch the concert, I find myself watching her playing.

OP
Multicore

Multicore

Major Contributor
Yes, that is Bernie. I saw the film when came out and I saw them do it live Lowell, MA. Awesome band with a great sound. I think Tina Weymouth is a vastly under rated bass player. When I watch the concert, I find myself watching her playing.
Yes. TH became famous for elaborate polyrhythm, fun to listen to and even more fun to watch.

Recently in this thread we had Japan. Another interesting bass player. My friend Gav plays bassoon for a living and he said that he could tell from listening to Japan that Mick Karn must have played bassoon at some point. Gav told me he confirmed this to be the case. The instruments have similar range and, if you're good on bassoon, you can get around in range quickly. Most bass players in pop music don't bother to do that.

Robin L

Master Contributor
XTC: Senses Working Overtime

Robert Palmer: Simply Irresistible

George Clinton: Atomic Dog:

OMD: If You Leave:

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

:facepalm::p:D:oops:

SKBubba

Most of my favorites have already been mentioned, so...

(Is somebody going to make a playlist?)

eddantes

After that Divine video... I think some of us may need some

Top Bottom