• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The "Have People Criticize Your Own Photos" thread

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The Biggest Butterfly I have seen so far (wing span up to 30 cm!):

a16_1731.jpg

OP
S

StevenEleven

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
*StevenEleven goes running to see how big 30 cm is*

Are we still stuck on butterflies?
butterfly small -3296.jpg

Last edited:

M00ndancer

Forum Donor
More things to be seen, a Bumblebee

Bumblebee.jpg

M00ndancer

Forum Donor
I like the details, light contrast, soft background but is little confusing for me since I feel the frame room is too tight, looks kind of abstract, or maybe is the insect position...
That's one of the problems with macro photography, didn't had any time to do stacking, so the DOF is razor-thin. Hard to get the bee in frame at all. I was more interested in the parasites on her.

M00ndancer

Forum Donor
On the subject of a young country's anniversary. I find it hard to photo fireworks.
DSC_6749.jpg

onofno

-IMG_0351.JPG

I'm french, this is the first picture I post here. I like black and white.
10pm. SW of France.
The bridge is called "the bridge of hell". Built circa 1350 over the river "Nive".
The hotel has been closed for years. If you like kayaking, this is the place.

Last edited:

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 29515

I'm french, this is the first picture I post here. I like black and white.
11pm. SW of France.
The bridge is called "the bridge of hell". Built circa 1350 over the river "Nive".
The hotel has been closed for years. If you like kayaking, this is the place.
My main problem is the blending of the roof into the background. I would fix it by lighting up the "black sea" above the hotel to see more details. Or make the roof of the hotel a little brighter. Or just decrease the contrast a bit. BTW viewed on a calibrated monitor.

onofno

Thanks for your comments,I agree. But I can't modify the picture, black is so black above the hotel that to make the roof visible (by the way the roof is almost black) I would destroy the image. I've taken the same image in color so maybe I'll post it.
The hour was 10PM. We change the hour in summer, at 3am the new hour is 2am. I forgot to change the hour in my camera.

I'd like to tell you what kind of pictures I take.
In the cities I prefer to take pictures of abandoned neighborhoods, old houses, old buildings where the painting is flaking.
Landscapes are second choice for me . I like taking pictures in B&W but sometimes I use color.
I started taking pictures in 2011.

Last edited:
OP
S

StevenEleven

Forum Donor
@onofno—A-plus, first rate to my eye. Wouldn’t change a thing.

onofno

Thank you Soniclife and StevenEleven.

I've been many times in the states and yes I know Seven Eleven, I've driven from Miami to New-York then to the Niagara falls, then to Montreal and Quebec, then to Vermont because here in France I live not too far from Montpellier and the small Capital of Vermont is called Montpellier and it's a nice town.
Something funny : when I crossed the boarder from Québec to Vermont, the customs officer asked me if we in France had good restaurants like Mc Donald's. I replied, "yes sir, there are more than 1400 Mc Donald's in France" so he replied "you're welcome in America...." I was with my wife. Then we took a plane from Montreal to New-Orleans the end of our third trip.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Something funny : when I crossed the boarder from Québec to Vermont, the customs officer asked me if we in France had good restaurants like Mc Donald's. I replied, "yes sir, there are more than 1400 Mc Donald's in France" so he replied "you're welcome in America...." I was with my wife. Then we took a plane from Montreal to New-Orleans the end of our third trip.
I have a similar story. My sister lives in Canada. When she came to visit us in US with her kids. One day we drove past a McDonald's and one her kids said: "look mom, they also have McDonald here!" He was shocked to hear that the chain started here.

Top Bottom