• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Florida International Audio Expo 2024

Fidji

Woah... There is not much choice if you want to escape Samsung/Harman !!!

All those brands have a dark future !

AKG already shut down.
B&O considered as automotive and car audio :-(

B&O Automotive iis not the same as B&O.

If you scan through financial reports of B&O which is standalone company traded on Danish stock exchange, you will find part “Brand Partnership” , that is segment selling B&O name for royalties, e.g. to Harman.

B&O by itself is nothing more than lifestyle electronics distributor, living from a past name recognition.

actually, world of corporations and audio is fascinating. Look at Massimo, thay acquired Sounds United (denon/marantz/b&w)

Last edited:

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For those going, you can park for free in the mall parking lot that's across the street since the hotel's garage will likely be full. If you're interested in headphones, I'd just take the elevator straight up to the 14th floor, and work your way down the stairs as the day goes on.
I do both of those. Work smarter not harder.

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
Went to the show today. First audio show ever. While I didn't see everything, I did pick out some favorite speakers.
Lanche Audio speakers were pretty good.
IMG_2030.jpeg

These Vienna Acoustics were very interesting with the ability to rotate the coaxial driver on top. Very nice sound!
IMG_2038.jpeg

These Joseph Audio speakers were rather nice to look at and listen to.
IMG_2037.jpeg

Best overall in my opinion - were the Dutch & Dutch 8C's. They were set up in a very unfriendly room and simply did it all.
IMG_2044.jpeg

Se7enAtx

Audio Company
5k for stands ?

Will they make an audible difference ?

They should because that would add 30% to the price of the 8c which goes for 13.5k€ it seems.
Over something like the Sound Anchor or Core Audio Design? I really don't think so. He also happens to be an Acora dealer.

If you think their stands are expensive, try pricing out their speakers and I don't necessarily think that they perform better than 8c either.

PenguinMusic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Over something like the Sound Anchor or Core Audio Design? I really don't think so. He also happens to be an Acora dealer.

If you think their stands are expensive, try pricing out their speakers and I don't necessarily think that they perform better than 8c either.
Anyways, they look nice and apparently deserve to throw an ear at them... the speakers of course.

Bjorn

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Prices today of audio equipment is absolutely ridicolous.
So many mediocre and poor designs at super higher prices IMO. Many speakers now cost 70-90% more than they did when they were released.

PenguinMusic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi Bjorn,
Agreed...
But I have a look at the 8c proposal.
Those speakers are actively amplified and they do include stealing abilities.
That is as all-in-one as it gets :)

Bjorn

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hi Bjorn,
Agreed...
But I have a look at the 8c proposal.
Those speakers are actively amplified and they do include stealing abilities.
That is as all-in-one as it gets :)
Price wasn't too bad when they were released. Now..., no comment ☺️

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor

I would definitely get Sound Anchors for a fraction of the cost of those fuglies!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Orchard Audio is an example of a manufacturer with great measuring products with very soberly prices. It shows us what direct sales can do.
Damn those direct sales!
Makes perfect sense for the consumer of course, everything can be adjusted remotely, distributors and retailers are on the way out.
Keith

Bjorn

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Damn those direct sales!
Makes perfect sense for the consumer of course, everything can be adjusted remotely, distributors and retailers are on the way out.
Keith
Lol. Probably not on the way out. I think we'll have both. It makes sense to use retailers to reach a larger international market.

But I think it's important to find ways to reduce prices. By not going to all hifi exbitions and using sparse magazine reviews and their marketing is one way. This brings up the cost tremendously. Having an open buy or loaning the speaker before a purchase is really a lot better for the customer.

Top Bottom