• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Florida International Audio Expo 2024

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
One week to go! All eyes on Tampa for Feb. 16–18:
The Florida International Audio Expo 2024!

Tampa, Florida—February 9, 2024—The Florida International Audio Expo takes place Friday–Sunday, February 16–18, 2024, at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore hotel. Qobuz returns as the show’s official streaming service. David Solomon, Chief Hi-Res Evangelist for Qobuz USA, will host his famous Flash DJ sessions throughout the show.

Attendees will have the opportunity to experience, in more than 80 listening spaces on 12 floors, over 200 brands of audio systems from the industry’s most coveted brands worldwide. As they roam the halls, attendees can meet industry influencers, icons, and product designers, all enjoying music together.

Tickets are still available: Single-day admission, $25; admission for all three days, $35; free admission for students, children, and spouses.

Show Hours

Friday: 10 am – 6 pm
Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday: 10 am – 4 pm

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
555 N. Westshore Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33609

Founded in 2018, the Florida International Audio Expo was developed by an experienced team of successful and motivated professionals. Their mission is to present a strong show that welcomes to the Southeast market dealers and manufacturers from around the world, while offering a fun atmosphere in which to enjoy music.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My yearly traditional of seeing if I’m the youngest person there. And if any room could play music from this century, that’d be nice (Bad Guy by Billie Eillish and Stronger by London Grammar being the only exceptions, I probably heard each song at least 4 times every year I’ve gone).

Last year was nice though as I got to have quick convos with Andrew Jones, Dan Roemer, etc.

Mikig

my lady couldn't wait to get 2 days of Hi-fi Expo!!! I think that in exchange I would have to endure atrocious housework for almost two years !!!:)

great names in hi-fi but!!
I took a look at the event website...maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the various ones, Topping, Smsl, Fosi are not present , Gustard, Holo, Audio GD, Denafrips, Loxjie, IFI, Eversolo,, etc etc etc ...

these producers now have a good share of the market, their products are in almost every home, and make up a good portion of the reviews online .
These brands in many cases have proven to be pioneers of new technologies, and have allowed most people to enjoy high performance, (in many cases) even at an affordable price for everyone...

Mikig

La mia tradizione annuale di vedere se sono la persona più giovane lì. E se qualche stanza potesse riprodurre musica di questo secolo
I fear that this is very often the case, in every part of the world....

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
...200 brands of audio systems from the industry’s most coveted brands worldwide.
Thank you, @amirm,
I hadn't realized that Samsung was one of these brands until recently, when I found out that Harman International is owned by them.
202402_HarmanSamsung.jpg
:oops:

PenguinMusic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
great names in hi-fi but!!
I took a look at the event website...maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the various ones, Topping, Smsl, Fosi are not present , Gustard, Holo, Audio GD, Denafrips, Loxjie, IFI, Eversolo,, etc etc etc ...
Who needs those when there is Cardas, Kimber, IsoTek and Wireworld ?
Too bad PS Audio will not be there...

Karmacoma

Forum Donor
One week to go! All eyes on Tampa for Feb. 16–18:
The Florida International Audio Expo 2024!

Tampa, Florida—February 9, 2024—The Florida International Audio Expo takes place Friday–Sunday, February 16–18, 2024, at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore hotel. Qobuz returns as the show’s official streaming service. David Solomon, Chief Hi-Res Evangelist for Qobuz USA, will host his famous Flash DJ sessions throughout the show.

Attendees will have the opportunity to experience, in more than 80 listening spaces on 12 floors, over 200 brands of audio systems from the industry’s most coveted brands worldwide. As they roam the halls, attendees can meet industry influencers, icons, and product designers, all enjoying music together.

Tickets are still available: Single-day admission, $25; admission for all three days, $35; free admission for students, children, and spouses.

Show Hours

Friday: 10 am – 6 pm
Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday: 10 am – 4 pm

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
555 N. Westshore Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33609

Founded in 2018, the Florida International Audio Expo was developed by an experienced team of successful and motivated professionals. Their mission is to present a strong show that welcomes to the Southeast market dealers and manufacturers from around the world, while offering a fun atmosphere in which to enjoy music.
I remember you asking Cabasse to send you some speakers for testing at the last expo you attended to, I'm really curious about their stuff (a brand with quite a prestigious history of performance and innovation here in France), do you think you'll manage to put your hands on some of their gear?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
There has been no follow up so I say no. Those of you going to these shows, should ask companies to send their products in for review. :)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Harman International Brands:
  • AIR – a cross-platform runtime system for building desktop applications and mobile applications
  • AKG – microphone/headphones
  • AMX – video switching and control devices
  • Arcam – high end home audio – amplifiers and audio components
  • AXYS Tunnel – Amplifier for public tunnel
  • Bang & Olufsen Automotive – car audio
  • Becker – car infotainment
  • BSS Audio – signal processing
  • Crown International – pro amplifiers
  • dbx – signal processors
  • HALOsonic – Noise Management Solutions
  • HardWire – guitar pedals
  • Harman Kardon – home/car audio
  • HiQnet – control network for digital audio equipment, supporting communication over TCP/IP, USB and RS232
  • Infinity – home/car speakers/headphones
  • JBL – home/car speakers & amplifiers, professional speakers, headphones
  • Lexicon – digital processing
  • Mark Levinson Audio Systems – home/car audio
  • Martin Professional – stage and architectural lighting and effects fixtures
  • Revel – home/car speakers
  • Roon – multiplatform music player and app for audio streaming.
  • Selenium – home, car and professional speakers, amplifiers, sound tables/mixers
  • S1nn GmbH & Co.
  • Soundcraft – mixing consoles
  • Studer – mixing consoles, sold to Evertz Microsystems 2021[26]
  • Caaresysin-cabin safety systems

PenguinMusic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Woah... There is not much choice if you want to escape Samsung/Harman !!!

All those brands have a dark future !

AKG already shut down.
B&O considered as automotive and car audio :-(

Jimster480

Major Contributor
My yearly traditional of seeing if I’m the youngest person there. And if any room could play music from this century, that’d be nice (Bad Guy by Billie Eillish and Stronger by London Grammar being the only exceptions, I probably heard each song at least 4 times every year I’ve gone).

Last year was nice though as I got to have quick convos with Andrew Jones, Dan Roemer, etc.
Not sure how old you are but last year I was there and there was a younger guy with my friend and I too.
There has been no follow up so I say no. Those of you going to these shows, should ask companies to send their products in for review. :)
Are you going to make an appearance? I'm debating which day I should go.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Are you going to make an appearance? I'm debating which day I should go.
No. My tentative plan is to go to AXPONA as it is the largest audio show currently and is closer to us.

JoetheLion

Forum Donor
As a little foretaste, here are two videos from the Norddeutsche Hifi-Tage at the beginning of this month (some news from Piega, Lehmannaudio etc.).

Everyone was surprised at how well attended they were. That's good news and wasn't always the case.

By the way: The Elac guy says that he played Brothers in Arms by Club for Five for demonstration purposes. I checked it out, it really is the ultimate showroom song! As if high-end society had specially commissioned it. Have a listen.

Top Bottom