• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Florida International Audio Expo 2024

PenguinMusic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I will never test anything from that company. The owner/designer is one of the most miserable people I have had the displeasure of interacting with across multiple forums for many years. I personally wouldn't buy a chewing gum from him. You should ask Erin to test his stuff.
Wow...
He must have been really not nice...
But I understand those epidermic reactions.
When I was myself a distributor for some audio gear, I stumbled on resellers that where there just to make money and did not have an ounce of passion in them.
That always surprised me. And decided me not to do business with them.

Looking at the website of that company (Soundfield Audio) was funny though...
Have not seen so ugly pictures of a product in a long long time now...

Last edited:

MKR

Major Contributor
Those look way cool!

How did they sound?
They were very, very good. But, they are prototypes and a work in progress. As good as they were, some fine tuning needed (which AJ actually did by third day of show, and they were even better … the magic of DSP). But again, work in progress.

MKR

Major Contributor
Thanks for those posting pictures and/or impressions of the show! I look forward to more!

(Damn I miss going to audio shows, one of my favourite things in the world to do).
The shows are a lot of fun, no doubt about it. What is keeping you from attending ?

prestigetone

Wow...
He must have been really not nice...
But I understand those epidermic reactions.
When I was myself a distributor for some audio gear, I stumbled on resellers that where there just to make money and did not have an ounce of passion in them.
That always surprised me. And decided me not to do business with them.

Looking at the website of that company (Soundfield Audio) was funny though...
Have not seen so ugly pictures of a product in a long long time now...
You should read the audiogon discussion between Amir and AJ. They both get into the weeds but AJ refused to answer Amir on providing any sort of data and AJ seems to have converted from snake oil to science. I’m paraphrasing. Maybe Amir can expound but probably no desire to. Soundfield is banned from the forum. Surprised any posts are allowed.

The photos are shockingly bad. One of the high end models has a dented dust cap. A little effort goes into some good pictures of your product. If they miss that what are they missing on what they build.

Last edited:

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The shows are a lot of fun, no doubt about it.

I agree. I was never cynical about audio shows. Loved being able to hear one interesting or wacky audio approach after another, as well as the socializing with other audiophiles and some I knew in the audio writing field.

What is keeping you from attending ?

Chronic health issue. I have to experience shows vicariously through others able to do these things, at this point. So I appreciate being able to read about them, see the photos (and videos on youtube of shows).

I'm looking forward to your impressions!

MKR

Major Contributor
I agree. I was never cynical about audio shows. Loved being able to hear one interesting or wacky audio approach after another, as well as the socializing with other audiophiles and some I knew in the audio writing field.

Chronic health issue. I have to experience shows vicariously through others able to do these things, at this point. So I appreciate being able to read about them, see the photos (and videos on youtube of shows).

Darn, so sorry to hear that Matt. And sorry for prying, none of my business. Will do my best to provide a decent report for you!

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor

Matt,

Since you like turntables.

IMG_2034.jpeg

This is the new Clearaudio Jubilee. Very attractive table and while I gave it a listen - it was good - I can't tell you which room. Aesthetix was represented because their IO phono preamp was there - Ozzy White was there as well.

ErVikingo

I ended up not going. Long drive...

Top Bottom