• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Technics SU-GX70

gjm

This could be interesting.

No details around the amplification solution or what DAC is used, but I can't help drawing comparisons with the NAD M33 (albeit without the bells and whistles).

JSmith

Master Contributor
Quite low on power @1% THD... very bare spec's, doesn't fill me with confidence at this point;
Output Power
40W+40W(1kHz,T.H.D.1.0%,8Ω,20kHz LPF) / 80W+80W(1kHz,T.H.D.1.0%,4Ω,20kHz LPF)
FTC Output Power
30W + 30W ( 1kHz, T.H.D. 1.0%, 8Ω, 20kHz LPF ) / 60W + 60W ( 1kHz, T.H.D. 1.0%, 4Ω, 20kHz LPF )
Load Impedance
4Ω-16Ω
Frequency Response
PHONO (MM): 20Hz - 20kHz ( RIAA DEVIATION ±1dB, 4Ω ) / LINE:20Hz - 40kHz ( -3dB, 4Ω ) / DIGITAL: 20Hz - 80kHz ( -3dB, 4Ω )
Input Sensitivity / Input Impedance

JSmith

Reactions: gjm

JktHifi

no screen/display at the front, still need smartphone as source.

OP
G

gjm

no screen/display at the front, still need smartphone as source.
No display? Who cares? It's an amp, not a TV!
OK - I'm being unfair. I may not be fussed about such things but I appreciate others like and use them.
Fewer bells and whistles.

Smartphone as a source? It supports WiFi, Chromecast, AirPlay and Bluetooth. And all the usual analogue and digital inputs?

OP
G

gjm

Quite low on power @1% THD... very bare spec's, doesn't fill me with confidence at this point;

JSmith
Power is a bit lower than might be expected. One of the reasons why I'm keen to learn what the amplification stage is.

JktHifi

No display? Who cares? It's an amp, not a TV!
OK - I'm being unfair. I may not be fussed about such things but I appreciate others like and use them.
Fewer bells and whistles.

Smartphone as a source? It supports WiFi, Chromecast, AirPlay and Bluetooth. And all the usual analogue and digital inputs?
But it says A Network Audio Amplifier. It means that you need to sacrifice your smartphone. It could harm your smartphone because it will be gnawing

Freeway

Looks like a spitting image of the SU-G30, yet at half the original cost. Outside the case anyhow.
Although less power, 40 vs 50 watts, the G70 adds a pre out, another analogue in, HDMI, and some room placement (correction?) presets.
Technics seems to use their own proprietary D/A conversion, not a DAC chip.
I have thought that if Technics could market a G30 for under two grand they would have a hit. If the GX70 sounds as good, perhaps they have?

Last edited:
Reactions: gjm
Top Bottom